Got firing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got firing problems

Just put a new spur gear in my g&p m4 and after putting it all back together it wouldn't fire....so, I sripped it all down and tryed re building it again. At first it would only squeck and flinch (like a very very flat battery) but when I undid the motor plate (the whole plate not the adjust screw) the piston moved forwerd a little from were it had jamed, so I test fired it and it fired but made the grinding sound you would expect from a lose motor but then when I screwed the plate down nothing again.
    The only way I could get it to fire was with the motor plate loss and the adjuster wound out...I can't make it out, all was well inside the gearbox iv taken it apart about 7 times tonight and cant see any problem...the only problem I thought I had tonight was I had to use a over size'd selector switch spring as the real ones m.i.a

Has anyone got any ideas...at first I thout that the motor wires were cramping the plate and adding pressure to the adjustment screw but now I'm stuck. I need the bloody thing for "the mall" on Sunday to.

Cheers guys

Re: Got firing problems

so...

you changed new gear pressuming tooth came off old one ?
    motor height was not touched from last setting ?
    shimmed correctly on ALL gears as over shimming can cause pistol jams
    correct AOE on piston?

take the gearbox apart again mate, compare the changed gear to the old one to see if any changes in sizes on the shaft sleeve is present,
    also check all other gears for missing teeth and excessive wear..

inspect the pinion gear for burring of the teeth,

re build the gearbox to get shimming done without the spring inside and check the travel smoothness of the piston on the guide rails, once the gears have done a complete cycle the piston should freely move pack into the cylinder if the gearbox is lifted upwards with the air nozzle down to the ground .. if too tight use braso on the guide rails to smooth them out then correctly lube,

Comment

Right thanks for the reply buddy...I rebuilt it and ever thing seemed fine so re-fitted the gear box and tryed again...this time I can get it firing ok but one the motors got to be screwed in alot for it to sound right and two the battery , tamia connector and brake connectors get hot very quickly....
      also when I depress the trigger a little I get full auto and all the way back I get single..but iv lost the spring for the selector switch and had to make do with a larger one, the problem must be there.

Comment

the full auto problem mate, ie going to single auto when trigger pulled in fully , will be the selector plate and contacts , give them a clean to remove the grime, and the spring wont be it aslong as it moves the selector plate freely and the cut-off lever moves freely with the newer spring ...

the motor problem mate maybe just a simple fix of adding a 2mm washer ontop of the motor before putting the baseplate back on , making sure gives you some extra thread in the plate but still giving you the full pressure from the adjustment screw

Comment

Ok bud thanks for all the help...gona take it apart and clean the switch up...it still seems to be tempramental and when I adjust the motor plate (again not the adjuster screw) it frees it and it will fire again....what about the battery getting hot thought?

Comment

check the battery terminals mate in the connections,

also check the charge levels,

but it will be because of the added strain when the motor tries turning whilst not set up smoothly that will cause the battery to be hot,

and when undo the baseplate it runs smoothly and fires?

Comment

Yeah I'll say put the gear box back into the gun add the handle and motor screw the plate into place turn the adjustment just to seat the motor and fire and nothing unscrew the plate and it will fire...I do have alot of slack on my motor connection wires I was thinking it's crushing them and throwing out the motor adjustment and brakeing connection with the battery?

Comment

if you pull all the wires into the pistol grip so it seats perfectly,

then you should have enough wire on the red to go around the back ovdr the black wire ,

and are you using the base plate that was on the gun or different one

Comment

Sorry buddy not quite sure what you mean by enough red wire to go part....yeah same base plate, case in point just put it all back together and it wasn't working every time so I started to undo the plate and without a finger on the trigger I heard the motor twitch for just a secound as if it was letting slack out...I'm starting to think it's a short somwere.

Just slid the motor outa the gear were it seats and tryed turning it over and nothing so iv got a short somwere I guess...can't get a rotation

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HEXAS 25, male Find out more about HEXAS
                  Working...
                  X