Dboys PDW Barrel Attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dboys PDW Barrel Attachment

Hello all. Finally got the rest of my Dboys KAC PDW turn up this morning and put it all together and is awesome! However, there's one thing I seem to be confused about which I couldn't find on the net or in the instruction manual... how do you change the shorter outter barrel for the included longer one? :-/

Does anyone know what type of gearbox it contains? It just a normal v2 so I won't have problems changing the spring over? Is the hop unit a standard M4 type hop unit that I can replace with something better (maybe a few suggestions on what I should replace it with?) and finally... has anyone had any problems running it stock with an 11.1v battery (I have a normal li-ion 11.1v battery not a lipo).

Thank you guys. :D
    Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Re: Dboys PDW Barrel Attachment

Theres a grub screw on the underside of the outer barrel, undo that the the whole barrell should screw off, as for gearbox its standard v2, and hop is same as an m4 hop, but for better hop i just changed the rubber and nub, stock hop was pants, lastly hearsay says that its meant to be fine on 11.1s but i wouldnt risk it without doing the precautionary mods. a 9.6v and a swapped out motor gave me nice rof
    sigpic

Comment

The V2 is standard apart from the ambi gears on the outside of the box

Comment

Awesome, if it's just a standard v2 box I'm confident about opening it. :D

JOE - what motor did you change it over with? I have a spare TM hop and nub lying around so I'll pop that in there.

I'm still a bit confused about the barrel part. I opened the screw on the underside of the upper receiver so that the outer barrel assembly popped out through the front. So I have the whole outer barrel section with the flash hider attached to it (pic below so there's no confusion) and from this point I'm a little lost. There's two tiny hex screws on the underside of that block (gas block?) that's on the outer barrel which I undone and nothing happen. Do I need to undo the whole thing?

Comment

Just this screw, not all the way out, and then pull

Comment

Thank you mate. I wasn't sure before when I tried incase I break the thing or something. This time I just put some brute force into it, lol. It was just really stiff but got it opened -cheers mate, much appreciated. :D

Comment

No worrys, have fun putting those 2 silver rods back in!

i have a whole PDW sitting here with no gearbox

Comment

Originally posted by Ammo View Post
                Awesome, if it's just a standard v2 box I'm confident about opening it. :D

JOE - what motor did you change it over with? I have a spare TM hop and nub lying around so I'll pop that in there.
                I changed the pistol grip to a standard m4 one, then whacked a long type motor in it as they are more readily available as you probably know, the stock motor is shit and mine nearly set fire. Whacked a jg blue motor in and rof was pretty quick!
                sigpic

Comment

LOL. The silver rods were quite easy to contend with - pretty much just fell into place thankfully.

How come no gearbox? :-/ I was actually wondering if it's possible to just drop in any v2 gearbox into these? I've been looking at the one I saw on a site which is the same as the one in the ACR I had (the quick change spring version).

Comment

Originally posted by Ammo View Post
                    LOL. The silver rods were quite easy to contend with - pretty much just fell into place thankfully.

How come no gearbox? :-/ I was actually wondering if it's possible to just drop in any v2 gearbox into these? I've been looking at the one I saw on a site which is the same as the one in the ACR I had (the quick change spring version).
                    it has no gearbox because it died because it has no fuse, so id recommend installing one

you cant just drop any V2 into it because it has an ambidextrous fire selector and 2 gears each side, tried it, the normal M4 fire selector wont work

Comment

Ah damn that's not good. I'll have to look into installing one - shouldn't be too difficult to place one somewhere along the line.

Hmm, I ran the gun through a chrono and 380fps. D: Had a look at a video for taking the mech box apart too and all the extra bits in there mean I doubt I'll get it back together so it works again (tried last time with my mates Sig and totally messed it up - but then at the time I didn't know the sig has a v3 gearbox). I may give opening it up a try anyway and if it falls apart I'll send all the bits over to Z1, lol. The tech boys are awesome there. :D

Comment

i currently have one sitting on the side awaitng my techie to fix it, i tried, it almost went through the window

Comment

Lmao, I've a feeling I'll end up in the same position when taking it apart. I've a quiet day at work tomorrow so may give it a try then and see what I can do. If not then I may send it in to z1 to sort out.

Been looking at replacing the motor as well. The rof on this things seems insane so I want to try keep it about the same so any recommendations on a motor will be good as I've no idea about motors (I'm not wanting to spend an insane amount though - just a cheap motor that'll do the job and give a good rof).

Looking at installing a fuse and realised that there's not much space to work with at all. So decided I may install the fuse on the outside of the rifle in line with one of the cables or try see if I can get it to sit inside the PEQ box somehow. If anyone has any recommendations on installing a fuse on this that'll also be great.

Comment

Sorry to bring this old thread bqack, but can you use a standard V2 mechbox if you only have a selector switch on one side?

cheers
                            FOR SALE
                            7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                            , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
                              Sorry to bring this old thread bqack, but can you use a standard V2 mechbox if you only have a selector switch on one side?

cheers
                              If you don't mid loosing the ambidextrous setup you can use an M4 fire selector and selector plate combo, but you will need a short collar on the fire selector as the receiver hole is a little larger.
                              Also some V2's wont accept the bolt release mech of the dboys/VFC and others.
                              dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ammo Find out more about Ammo
                              Working...
                              X