Skorpion magazines/feeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skorpion magazines/feeding

Recently bought a TM Skorpion from the forums here.

After charging her up and loading a mag, I let rip and one round comes out. The gun fires just fine, but there's a definite problem with the feed. Now, when I bought a JG skorpion the hop on it was so oppressive the bbs couldn't actually leave the barrel, and I had to send it back. On this one, the gun fires fine if I hold it upside down...but only manages to cough a few rounds out before running dry.

No amount of winding or fiddling seems to help. At one point I thought I'd solved it but I realised it was just because I was holding the magazine hard into the well. On all of the mags supplied, I find that unless they're full to capacity they don't wind properly, and once they've fired the top three or four they just stop winding up altogether - which obviously, isn't much good to use.

After doing some research I found that Well magazines in particular are notoriously poor quality and have bad springs and all that - but I'm not sure which mags I have, I'm assuming those since the problems would explain a lot. So I was wondering if anyone could recommend a fix, or a source for decent Skorpion mags?
    "A shooter of limited skill, but dangerous enthusiasm."

Re: Skorpion magazines/feeding

I've found similar problems with JG hi-caps. They'll feed for about 10-15 rounds and then stop. Winding will give another 5-10 rounds and then further winding a couple more. I'm lucky if I get half a mag out of them.
    I think really it must be down to a poorly designed mechanism. The whole design is daft really as it only holds 1/3 more than low caps but takes twice as long to reload since you need a speed loader to be able to fill the hopper. Just get some TM mags instead.

Comment

it will be because the magazine and the feed tube arent quite aligned properly. Itll work upside down because its got gravity to help force the bbs down the tube to the nozzle.

Try firing the gun, whilst pushing the mag forwards, or backwards, or side to side, and see if that gets it to work better

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys, I'm glad it's not just me bufooning the mags. I'll investigate the TM mags!
        "A shooter of limited skill, but dangerous enthusiasm."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Waco475 I play airsoft. I don't live it. Find out more about Waco475
        Working...
        X