Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G36 scope mounting?

Hi,

not awfully technical, but I need to know if a replica EOTech 552 will fit on a G36 Scoped carrying handle with the small rail for backup sight?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._7531268_n.jpg

^ That is my G36 scope, even though it is a standard 20mm rail section, my worry is that the EOTech repo will overhang too much and block mounting. If anybody has one of these sights, and an EOTech/Replica, let me know, because I don't want to buy something that I cannot mount...

Thanks!

/Josh

This Tea is shite... Needs more Bag.

- Myself

If the rest of the handle is thinner than the rail then no problems at all it may hang over but it has a very small securing area.
    Or you could just go 551

Comment

Re: G36 scope mounting?

Ah, the rest of the carrying handle is actually wider than the rail... However, I have seen real G36s with the 552s ontop, looking quite comfortable... But they probably have different dimensions on them... The reason I'm not overkeen on the 551 is that the batteries are harder to find and a helluva lot more fiddly.

Preferably I'd prefer to have a Star S-point, the downside to those sights are that they only have 1 brightness mode, and they look crap without the Zeiss Z-point rubber shell.

But chances are that I will buy a 551.

Actually:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...y/S1051804.jpg

^ Airsoft gun, the EOTech looks like it is on a slight incline, but not too much of an issue, because I will only be using it as a CQB sight...

/Josh
      Last edited by SirM4alot; 8 January, 2011, 00:31.

This Tea is shite... Needs more Bag.

- Myself

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SirM4alot Euro-Gearwhore Find out more about SirM4alot
      Working...
      X