Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Two Piece M4 Hop Unit With One Piece

Guys,

I'm pretty sure I've seen this done before, but am having trouble Google(ing) the right phrase to find a guide.

Basically I have a JG Stubby killer which in terms of range and FPS is pretty poor. Finally got around to opening it up today, and the spring that keeps the hop unit tight for a decent airseal is FUBAR'd at 90 degrees! :D

I'd rather have a one piece in there, as I'm going have to buy a new unit anyway. (I doubt you can buy the springs alone!)

Does anybody have a guide to what needs to be done?

Thanks

james

Re: Replacing Two Piece M4 Hop Unit With One Piece

check the guarder site, find there one peice hop unit theres pictures there telling you how much to cut off and where to install it, easier than describing it.

Comment

Think ive actually got some of the springs laying around somewhere lol

but yes a one peice hop unit would be alot better in the long term neways, im pressuming it is plastic body yeah?

Below are a set of directions i got with a systema hop unit recently.

Hope it helps

sigpic

Comment

Well a Piranha saw sounds fun to ask for in B&Q :D

As the hop unit is held in the grooves on the upper receiver, I'm assuming it's literally cutting out anything that gets in the way below!

Thanks for the picture :D

Comment

if you wanted to do it without bodging youd have to get a new body ready for a 1 piece

Comment

I'll go for the bodge :D

You talking to the guy who spent several hours with a multi-tool to cut a metal stock tube and plastic stock just to fit in the lipo I wanted! lol

Comment

Hahaha! Im too scared to go down the lipo ruote myself. Simply because it means I will have a variable mutli speed charger, to charge 1 battery :P

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                Hahaha! Im too scared to go down the lipo ruote myself. Simply because it means I will have a variable mutli speed charger, to charge 1 battery :P
                they aren't that bad once you start using them ben my imax b6 looked bloody impossible when I first looked at it. but charging lipos with it is incredibly easy now
                TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Haha no i didnt mean the lipo charger, I meant the charger I have for my NIMH batteries. Id have one gun running on stick batteries, and one on lipo, with a special charger for each. SEems a bit silly!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                  Working...
                  X