which hop up rubber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which hop up rubber?

Hi guys, need a bit of help deciding which hop up rubber to go with my ics m4. I will also be getting a madbull tbb v2.

So i will be looking to get it from the same place, a hobbie action shop sells both...

Here's the three i would like you to compare..

- Systema packing
    - Madbull shark series rubber
    - Madbull thunder series rubber

Which out of them will give me the best accuracy and range increase? And which will go best with a madbull 6.03?

Obviousley if there are any others you recommend that are better please say! Also again for the tightbore, if there are any better than the madbull v2 6.03 let me know, but obviousley a reasonably price, not over £40-£45...

And if i get a new hop up rubber, do i need a new hop up nub? or does this come with the rubber? How easy is it to install the nub?

Thanks!

Edit: how do i know when the rubber needs replacing?

Re: which hop up rubber?

Im interested in this too because I am on the exact same path.

Comment

Once again it's not a question of what's best but what's convenient, just get the systema and madbull barrel and be done with it.

If you want to put some effort in the firefly set or the new pdi rubber..

Comment

Madbul tightbores have a coating on the inside which can degrade over time. AFIK not all of the generations do this, but i wouldn't take the risk. Spend a bit more coin and get something like a systema, or if you can afford one a prometheus.

Strictly speaking you don't need a new rubber to go with a tightbore, but getting a good one will do no harm. If you can find a TM rubber get one of those, otherwise prometheus or guarder clear rubbers have always served me well in the past.

All that said, the most effective (and cheapest) upgrade is an H-nub. Any brand will do, but make sure you superglue it to the arm so that it contacts the BB in middle, so you get the most consistent effect.

After that, accuracy is all about consistency; making the gun do the same thing every time you pull the trigger. Get your compression as consistent as possible, and use decent brand BBs and use .25g minimum for outdoors.

Comment

I will look into systema barrels, as for prommy, they are way out, what £60 inc p&p ish?

I know i don't need a new rubber, however i have heard bad things about the ics rubber, and thought for an extra tenner, if it gave me a slight better accuracy gain, it will be worth it, do the rubber have any effect on range? Is there a guide anywhere how to install the h-nub? It seems more complicated to me than i though...

And you say, TM rubber? What makes you say this? i am just curious, as i would of thought a 3rd party rubber such as madbull or syetma ones, would be better than a stock TM one?

Overall for the madbull barrels, apart from durability, how long they last, how do they compare to say the prommy or systema tbb's, do they have better tolerances, so better accuracy?

Thanks

Comment

The system barrels are possibly the cheapest choice in terms of quality out there, it's basically the same as your original barrel.

Barrels are luxurys if you want to increase accuracy always start with a new rubber, runners wear over time.

With the advent of rubbers with built in v styles theres no need for the h piece and glueing anything.

Comment

what rubber are in 'v-styles'? Ahh, i thought you said systema barrels, not system. So the madbull ones are better than the syetem ones? I have had my mind set on the madbull one for a while, very decent price, good reviews, and someone at my site uses one with an ak, the range on it is unbelievable...

Comment

TM rubber are soft and spins BB very well.Generally are the best for aeg who has no more than 350fps.
                The system barrels are possibly the cheapest choice in terms of quality out there, it's basically the same as your original barrel.
                Hm.. .really? Dont forget that diameter of systema's barrel is 6.04.... not 6.08 Only truth is, that system's barrels are made of brass, as same as stock barrels are made

Is there a guide anywhere how to install the h-nub? It seems more complicated to me than i though...
                You must insert H-nub in this same place as normal rubber nub goes in. Take extra care and see does h-nub have any sharp egdes etc.

Comment

I meant systema my stupid iPhone steels letters when I'm not looking.

Like I said firefly rubber, or pdi. And for all guns the firefly buffer nub as it's longer and flayed than a tradition nub.

Comment

You would be suprised what the Element factory sells.

For example their tight bores are 6.04. Loads of other ''coincidences'' to.

You'd be suprised where the modified stuff is made.

So don't just assume that the most expensive is always the best. I'm still convinced a lot of the time installation is at fault with lots of the cheaper components.

I have read threads where people have rated the Element rubber above most of the others. Thats through using it not just listening to what others say are decent.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by whiteman View Post
                      TM rubber are soft and spins BB very well.Generally are the best for aeg who has no more than 350fps.

Hm.. .really? Dont forget that diameter of systema's barrel is 6.04.... not 6.08 Only truth is, that system's barrels are made of brass, as same as stock barrels are made.
                      Omg I love the smiley face like your actually telling me something I didn't know, what's the point of it being tighter if the materials the same as stock barrels, it will suffer and coarod just as much as original brass barrels.

Your not trading up your going sideways, they are only popular because the trade price on them is stupidly low, and rightly so.

Comment

i don't understand the difference between and H-nub and the normal rubber nub? or are they the same thing and i am being stupid? Lol.

Comment

If you havnt seen them then you are not being stupid. Normal ones are tubular where as, the name gives them away the others are shaped like an 'H'.

You cant see very clear from that as I changed the size for a web site.
                          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

So which are normal and which are H-nub? The normal nub/h-nub is just the piece that pushes onto the bucking right? do i need to install a new nub? what is the benefits of an h-nub over normal? and you say i need to glue the bub into place? i thought it just simply falls into a little hole on the hopup unit? thanks

Comment

if i was you i would stick with ur standard barrel and go with a guarder silicone(h-nub or scs if you can be asked to do it) . that's the set-up im going with if i ever get new gun. tight bores don't make that much of a difference and not really worth the money.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                              Working...
                              X