Tips on basic gun maintenance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on basic gun maintenance.

Hi all, I'm still a relative newbie at Airsoft and I need some gun maintenance advice. Been running a TM P90 for a few months and just recentely acquired an FN-57 so it's time I learned about gun care/maintenance. Look after your gun and it will look after you :D

In short, could anyone give a list of firstly the basic operations one would carry out to perform maintenance on an AEG and gas pistol

Secondly: The tools for the job, like Silicone and all that.

Anyone that replies would be safe in the knowledge that you prevented another noob from fucking up thier gun!

Cheers x
    There's a part of me that still believes my soul will soar above the trees

Re: Tips on basic gun maintenance.

your lucky in the fact that you have a TM p90 and they are unbelieably easy to work on. (i have no experience with the FN-57 so cant help there sorry)
    The TM P90 will literally run for ever stock, maintainance wise theres not much to do really, cleaning the barrel is super easy on the p90 and would be worth doing so every other game or so.
    You could take the gearbox apart and clean all the grease off the gears and grease them properly but as you havnt had any mech experience yet i wouldnt really recommend it.
    the best advice i could give is dont open up the gearbox until something breaks inside it, however sturdy and well designed the version 6 gearbox is, TM guns have a slight habit of developing 'niggles' once being opened up.
    Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

+1 to the above, perhaps a soft bit of tissue on your cleaning rod and some and i slight bit of silicone spray will do no harm i shouldnt think

Watch the language sonny Sci Fi steve will inbox you shortly i expect hehe.

Welcome to airsoft
      Originally Posted by balaclava ben
      i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
      sigpic

Comment

This maybe of some help

Comment

Cheers for the responses guys, and pardon the expletives
          There's a part of me that still believes my soul will soar above the trees

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DavidHD Find out more about DavidHD
          Working...
          X