anyone handy with v2 gearboxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone handy with v2 gearboxes

i asked to take a ganders at a previously binned gearbox and ive located the problem (i believe) as a disconnection of one of the wires going into the trigger side of the mechbox.

upon opening it and a bit of testing i think i know where the disconnection is and what to do. ive been pretty cautious but i would really like some help via PM just so i dont f**k anything up cause i would like to get this working/learn a bit about them. mainly for help putting it back together :P

by the way i didnt just blindly dive into a mechbox, i did some hefty reading on here before hand.

[edit] i also now doubt my assumption in the photo as if it was connected there the gun would constantly be firing >.<
    Oderint Dem Metuant

Re: anyone handy with v2 gearboxes

Comment

ive reassembled it fine, i can do that well now:D

however the switch is a bit different to the one on mine and i cant seem to find anywhere that states whether or not i should do what i highlighted in this photo
      Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

you ever used a scaletrix car set or model trains?

its a very simple circuit, follw the wire in one direction from the postivie through from the battery =trhough the gearbox to the switch, it will soldieron to one side. Then the current goes through the switch block, and traditionally there will be another red wire soldered on the other side which takes the current back down to the motor.

Then on the other side of the motor is a black wire which leads back to the negative of the battery.

See how its one big loop and the switch block is simply the break in the circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
          you ever used a scaletrix car set or model trains?

its a very simple circuit, follw the wire in one direction from the postivie through from the battery =trhough the gearbox to the switch, it will soldieron to one side. Then the current goes through the switch block, and traditionally there will be another red wire soldered on the other side which takes the current back down to the motor.

Then on the other side of the motor is a black wire which leads back to the negative of the battery.

See how its one big loop and the switch block is simply the break in the circuit.

yeah i know a little bit about electronics (audio techie, still teaching msyelf stuff) i just wanted reassurance before i did something. dont worry ive used an continuity tester and the connections are all right now (some one obviously yanked the cable pretty hard to break the soldering)

ive reset the gears inside akin to what ive read on various How-To guides. this was just a project to see if i can teach myself enough to do simple repairs on gearboxes and so far its looking good. i have to reconnect the motor and stick a battery on it so youll hear back from me in about an hour whether this whole endeavour worked.
          Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

When you took the gear box apart did you locate and remember how many shims were on each gear and where to put them back again....lol.

Or have you re shimmed it?

Probably more difficult than wiring and just as critical.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

for now Im leaving the internals alone, i got it working after 4 hours of pissing about.
              i should have updated this thread but you know, i was too busy being confused at how i succeeded.
              Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

airsoc audio tech/musician/avid gamer and handy man Find out more about airsoc
              Working...
              X