Where do you put grease in a GB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you put grease in a GB?

i know im asking LOADS of GB questions but i dont want to cock up as im sure you will allunderstand.

ok so i am wondering where about in the GB i put grease? i know not on the switches but are there any places that i should be aware of that should be avoided?
    cheers

Re: Where do you put grease in a GB?

I myself put grease on the gears, the casing around the gears, the tappet plate and it'#s rails, the piston and its rails and head, the inside of the cylinder, its head, a bit on the ARL, and a tiny bit on the bearings.

So basically everywhere. Not too much, and rub it in.

Comment

arr ok i take it this is lithium grease your using? and ive heard you should put a different grease on the piston O ring? maybe dreaming not sure could you back this up TKOS. cheers buddy

Comment

I use halfords LM grease (the white tub with the red lid for £7.00), which I'm pretty sure stands for lithuim, and I put it everywhere, and it's been fine. No corrosion whatsoever.

Comment

cool job. cheers mate
          always been a help to me

Comment

just to add, i also put some on the inside of the nozzel before putting it back over the nozzel part of the piston head.
            and i skip the cut off leaver as on one or two guns ive worked on, greasing that part up made it slip and only fire full auto.
            back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

You mean cylinder head?

But yes, that's another place it goes. Only a small amount though, big chunks of it might get blown into your barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by magic_golem View Post
                and i skip the cut off leaver as on one or two guns ive worked on, greasing that part up made it slip and only fire full auto.
                wo wo wo
                where? i dont know were you mean? pics?

Comment

Teh cut off lever is the small bit of metal that disengages the trigger contact block on semi. You should be fine greasing it though. Magic_golem, extra grease shouldn't cause that, movement is part of the cut-off lever's normal function.

Comment

i know where you mean now, i googled it, do do i lather who whole thing or just the bit that has contact with other bits?

just because i dont want to start a new thread, how do you put your wires onto your motor? i dont know "properly" how to do it?

Comment

You mean how to get motor connectors onto the motor? Just slide them on.

And don't swamp it in grease, rub it around.

Comment

no i mean like you know the bottom of the GB? which wires are supposed to come out of the bottom holes? i have it with the red one at the back and the black at the front. the reason im asking is cos iv seen peeps do it another way and i don tknow which is right?

Comment

Whichever way they were originally. I haven't memorised it as I've never taken them out. The wires should be shaped to fit the gearbox casing, so try and utilise that.

Comment

The RED one comes out the hole at the front end (once assembled) and the black wire comes out of the rear whole!

The red wire runs directly from the switch block to the motor, the other red wire runs the same route to start with (if its rear wired) then under the motor staff and up out the back. The black wire runs from the battery connector into the back of the GB and out the rear whole as mentioned!

usualy the black wire is slightly shorter coming out of the GB!

The motor then goes in with the small + sign on the ring at the bottom facing forward and the re wire on that side! Make any mistakes with this and it will short/spin backwards/destroy things, so il google for am image as what i said probs make very little sense, but I think its right!

Comment

ok cheers dude

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniperiain Find out more about sniperiain
                              Working...
                              X