Battery Conectors Out Help ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Conectors Out Help ?

okay guys basically the connectors on the battery side have come out of the wire and cable casing they were connected to.
    ive tried to put them back in but there the cable is loose so they fall right back out ive even tried taping them in.
    i need a quick fix for this ?
    if there isnt one how long will a shop take to fix it ?
    Thanks in advance

(sorry this is my first aeg so im clueless)

Re: Battery Conectors Out Help ?

Tamiya connectors? Look on the metal part, pull the wings out to 45 degrees before popping them back into the plastic.

Comment

Dean connectors mate

Comment

Have you soldered them? I don't know much about deans but it would make sense to solde the wire to the connector :p

Comment

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
          Have you soldered them? I don't know much about deans but it would make sense to solde the wire to the connector :p
          not yet literally just got the gun and theres a game on sunday

how would i solder it just like buy a soldering gun ?
          Last edited by connzo; 13 January, 2011, 20:55.

Comment

and some solder
            There's a ton of guides out on the internet on how to solder, but how I do it is heat up the solder and hold it in place :p
            Simples, got my M14 all done in less than 10 minutes, watch out you don't mix positive and negative though :D
            You can pick up a cheap soldering iron for about a tenner at maplins, and solder is about a fiver? if that.
            Last edited by Cerbo Knight; 13 January, 2011, 20:59. Reason: Solder :')

Comment

okay cheers for the help mate

Comment

Clearly don't take the gun.....

But take the gearbox, connector, wire or whatever down to your local TV repair or electronics shop. Should be able to help you out

Comment

Youll need a small pot of flux as well, even though most solder wire has it built in, youll need a small pot.
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
                  airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

I'd have thought that soldering a Deans connector isn't first-timer stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                      I'd have thought that soldering a Deans connector isn't first-timer stuff.
                      I dunno its just simple soldering isn't it. most of us did it in DT at school. and there are tonnes of good guides on youtube
                      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                        I dunno its just simple soldering isn't it. most of us did it in DT at school. and there are tonnes of good guides on youtube
                        It's not that simple - it's a large area to heat up without melting the plastic.

This wouldn't fill me with confidence that he did it at school:
                        Originally posted by connzo View Post
                        how would i solder it just like buy a soldering gun ?

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                          It's not that simple - it's a large area to heat up without melting the plastic.

This wouldn't fill me with confidence that he did it at school:
                          I don't know, everyone's gotta start somewhere and a deans connector isn't anything special... as far as I'm aware :D
                          In fact I'd go so far as to say it's easier than a tamiya one, I hate those!
                          I think it's good he can set the bar a little higher, gives more motivation to not fail

Comment

Indeed.
                            And I thought Tamiya connectors were crimped.

That's what I thought the OP meant originally. I know crimps sometimes come off the wire, but a soldered one like a deans shouldn't come off( unless it wasn't soldered properly in the first place.

Comment

I think you would need to do some practice befor going straight ahead into your own gun...lol...

As mentioned several times it isnt as easy as you may think..Especially as you are asking if all you need is a soldering gun...

You need to tin both things you are going to connect. Deans need pairing up or you will melt them and they wont fit together. You need shrink tube as well.

On top of that and I dont want to sound funny, but you cant even refit a connector that is put on with pliers...lol...

I think Jag had the best idea for you.
                              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

connzo Find out more about connzo
                              Working...
                              X