Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped aeg :( help!

HEY GUYS

so while i was playing airsoft today i fell and dropped my ca scar( today was the first time using it).

the gun seemed fine externally but nothing happened when i pulled the trigger. the wires weren't getting hot and the motor wasn't moving as well. i tried a different motor but same thing. the trigger is in place too.

it has a ab mosfet and i was using a 7.4v lipo with no fuse.

cheers modou.

Re: Dropped aeg help!

Shorted? What did it land on?

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

I would check the electrics.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

their was no heat and the battery is still working.

Comment

i need ya magic midas, can you explain more please

Comment

check your motor contacts. one or both may have come off from the impact
            TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

both feel solid caffin

Comment

If you have access to a multimeter, disconnect the motor, and touch the two meter probes to either spade connector. When you pull the trigger it should register a voltage (depending on your battery - between 8-10v)
                If it doesn't, then your problem lies either in the wiring, or the trigger.
                Possible wires came off the trigger?

Comment

It all depends how the gun hit the floor mate

The motor may have been knocked off alignment
                  the gearbox may have been locked due to the shock impact
                  the wires may have been spliced on impact
                  check the battery connections so they are all correct

numerous things maybe the cause mate

If your not upto the internal inspection
                  give it to a techy

Comment

I'm assuming it was a 4ft drop with momentum (you fell while running right?). if the stock was folded, I would imagine if a connection has broken its in the stock hinge. im not too sure how sturdy that function is though.

as said though, if youre not handy with a multimeter to check the wiring/motor just take it into a techie to troubleshoot and fix. it is, after all, the easiest option :P
                    Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

you got to check all the electrical connections from batt to motor, do as above meter the battery (Vdc only), if you need a meter buy one from B+Q / maplin's (£15) there worth there weight in gold.
                      Be sitimatic. you might have killed your Li-po batt. Check that first with a meter.
                      Never Really Got that: BOOM ha ha Big 50

Comment

easy way to test electrics, with the gun still wired up to the battery drop the motor out, when you press the trigger does the moter pinon spin?

Comment

it was about a 5 foot drop. i was climbing a mound and slipped(was making fun of a noob cause my mates inner barrel cause more than his gun lol) . the gun bounced on the grip/gearbox area. i did check to see if the motor spin's out side the grip, but it didnt gonna contact richardy. cheers everyone for the input.

Comment

the motors not doing any thing, so you need to focus on getting the motor to spin out side of the gun.

If its a standard ca scar youll probably have a fuse, check that the impact didnt break it. Youll have battery - fuse - switch - motor - then back to battery. Its a simple circuit. Its either the tamyia connectors, the fuse, the motor connectors, the motor, the switch blade, the electronic safety.

One of those isnt conntacting, id defo check around the trigger block area. its cheap plastic on the best of days.

Comment

i used 2 motors to check the gun but nothing happened, i wasn't using a fuse at the time, the gun has deans and it seems fine tired the battery on my m4 and it was shooting good. the motor connectors seem solid but im not really sure. im not really willing to open the gearbox so pm me if you are free for tech work richard.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Modizle Find out more about Modizle
                              Working...
                              X