X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears question

Hi
    Small set of questions with gear's

If you use a high speed box do you need a high speed motor.

If you do use a high speed box and high speed motor do you get jams more often.

Can you use a high speed box with a torque motor what gains do you get or problems.

Can you use torque gear's and high speed motor and what gains do you get or problems.

If any one can answer this for me it would be great so i can understand the gears.

Thanks in advance
    Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Re: Gears question

Hi torque motor and high speed gears. Works very nice!

You can use any combo but I might not give the best results.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

One, either, neither or both!

High speed gears will give you more shots per turn of the motor. The high speed motor will turn more times.

A better question might be what you want to achieve, the budget, and what you currently have :D

Comment

Thanks for quick replies both very helpful.

As for budget and what i have.

Sopmod and no budget and doing a full refit.

but i saw systema doing highspeed gears so was wondering how it would work with a systema high speed motor

Comment

torque gears and motors are generally for higher loads, ie Bigger springs so better for semi auto only aegs, for your standard aeg running about 330fps high speed will increase your rate of fire.
          Taking hits since 2007

UNIT 13

Comment

Ok cool i guess if there is no problems using both high speed i may aswell give it ago. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Thanks all

Comment

You really need to do some research. You don't need to waste money on Systema products. Particularly the motors. You can achieve very good results from the Magnum but so too can you from any of the clones.

You can do any combo that you ask about at the top. Depending what you want to achieve. If you only use small springs you can use high speed motor with high speed gears. So long as you dont use massive batteries as this combo is the easiest one for pre engagement.

It is also the fastest spinning. But don't be fooled. The bigger the spring the less you have to worry about pre engagement. But the more you should be thinking about torque motors. See clear as mud...lol.
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by mishy View Post
                torque gears and motors are generally for higher loads, ie Bigger springs so better for semi auto only aegs, for your standard aeg running about 330fps high speed will increase your rate of fire.
                Only to the uninformed...lol....Torque motors with low ratio gears are the way for ultra fast set ups.

But a simple set up may be a G and P M120 motor with either standard ratio or low ratio gears and a smallish 11.1. Thats fast enough for most situations...Unless your a bit daft like me!
                Gun tech.

Comment

How beneficial, or otherwise, are sector gear clips - the things that hold the tappet plate open longer?

Comment

You don't need them in normal (standard) set ups, for faster ones they are crucial.

Up to a point anyway, there are cases when you have to take it off to get the gun feeding properly, but in most cases yes use one.
                    Gun tech.

Comment

On a safe bet and after a bit of reading im using

Systema Flat Gear Set II ( High Speed ) For Gearbox Ver.2/ 3 (New Type)

With a Torque Motor ( undecided which one yet )

On a m100 - 110 spring ( depending what fps i get of course.

7.4 lipo

Do you think i should get a sector gear clip or will i get away with it.

If i should is there a certain type i should look out for s there seems to be a few about

thanks

Comment

Since the sopmod m4 takes specific new version 2 gears, which are only available in Normal, single and double torque..

It really narrows down your choices, making well all of the above a giant waste of the internets...

Nowadays with todays voltages the both high torque and high speed are both good options for uk airsofting. Thoguh in this situation the sopmod does well with a high torque motor due to the recoil system, and i think ive been over this, the max rof is 18 - 20 rps before the gears catch up with the recoil unit, making the sopmod eat its own face..

ROF is simply not an option its best to go for very fast singles, then any rof acheived as a result is a bonus..
                        Last edited by richardy; 21 January, 2011, 03:35.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                          Since the sopmod m4 takes specific new version 2 gears, which are only available in Normal, single and double torque..

It really narrows down your choices, making well all of the above a giant waste of the internets...

Nowadays with todays voltages the both high torque and high speed are both good options for uk airsofting. Thoguh in this situation the sopmod does well with a high torque motor due to the recoil system, and i think ive been over this, the max rof is 18 - 20 rps before the gears catch up with the recoil unit, making the sopmod eat its own face..

ROF is simply not an option its best to go for very fast singles, then any rof acheived as a result is a bonus..

you speak with wise words as always rich. Even though im always changing my mind on things i must go by your advise experience is king .

But 1 question bearings ?

Will it hurt having something like "Systema High Speed Metal Bushing With Bearing"
                          or stick to normal none bearing bushes.

Thanks again

Mark

Comment

no it wont hurt, i prefer the bearings over the bushings, but maybe some nice ones like the prometheus 6mm or the kanzen 6mm

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                              no it wont hurt, i prefer the bearings over the bushings, but maybe some nice ones like the prometheus 6mm or the kanzen 6mm
                              When you measure the size as you state 6mm , Im gussing its the size of the hole on the casing.

If this is true mines 8mm is the standard sopmod 6mm ?

Thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mirlock Find out more about mirlock
                              Working...
                              X