mag well too loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mag well too loose

long story short it was a classic army m4 with a d boys metal body put on everything fits absolutely fine but upon putting a mag in it doesn't feed until you push it into the magwell hard, now ive tried tape on the mags and it still doesn't really sort it is there anything i can do? it doesn't feed with MAG mid caps, pmag midcaps (the actual magpul pmag) and a g&p mid cap

any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!!

Re: mag well too loose

update just tried it with two chinasoft mags including a definite dboys one (same as the body) and still doesn't feed

Comment

Have you checked that the hop unit is in place properly?
      sigpic

Comment

yeah man did all that and the hop is sound the mag wobbles like a bitch!

Comment

I've had 3 dboys bodies do the same for my guns mate, so I switched back to plastic bodies. Theres nothing to be done, its just a case of, they suck.

Comment

Sounds like the hop unit isnt catching the latch on the top of the mags feed tube.
            Do you hear the bbs shoot up into the hop unit when you put the mag in slowly and carefully?

Comment

sometimes they do sometimes they dont but the hop is in perfect place i may just have to get a lower receiver =/

Comment

try and get hold of tokyo marui mags as i have foung that they feed in dboys guns tidy

Comment

Originally posted by cat182 View Post
                  try and get hold of tokyo marui mags as i have foung that they feed in dboys guns tidy
                  nooo!! ive JUST purchased 8 MAG mid caps i cant buy more!! haha may work but cant really do it =/ thanks for the advice though

Comment

hey i had the same problem, wedge a piece of paper between the catch and gearbox, MAG MIDS AND PMAGS feed fine after i did that but the dboys high caps still dont

edit: dont just buy another mag catch aswell had to do it with every sing mag catch i had
                    Last edited by Modizle; 22 January, 2011, 23:03.

Comment

Might sound daft but i bet the mag catch is Millimeters too low on the reciever.

Originally posted by Modizlw View Post
                      hey i had the same problem, wedge a piece of paper between the catch and gearbox, MAG MIDS AND PMAGS feed fine after i did that but the dboys high caps still dont
                      Its ok saying that but how practical is it in a skirmish enviroment?

Comment

.i had a couple of mags that wobbled ,all i did was were the mag release hole is on the mag ,pull it out slightly .if that dont work. put.tape around top of mag to stop that wobble .worked for me

Comment

ive tried tape and paper as an experiment and still dropped enough to not feed thanks though guys

tisane i agree i thought it may be the mag catch too ive just this second sourced a new one see if that does anything if not im gonna have to get a new lower

Comment

Originally posted by bigdogs View Post
                            .i had a couple of mags that wobbled ,all i did was were the mag release hole is on the mag ,pull it out slightly .if that dont work. put.tape around top of mag to stop that wobble .worked for me
                            plastic mid caps =/

Comment

Why not take a little bit of the nib with a craft knife that holds the bb's in place in the mag.. then it will be far enough back to let the bb's through

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                              Working...
                              X