12volt batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12volt batteries

hi guys need a quick bet settled please what will produce a higher rof a 12vnimh or a 11.1v lipo?
    thanks in advance

Re: 12volt batteries

12v nimh... its more voltage accross the contacts plain and simple. measures about 14v actual if you get a high quality pack.

The lipo is 11.1v and measures about 12.1v.

Voltage = speed.

That said the lipo offers higher discharge rates, if you get the right ones.. balancing them out, sort of...

Also lipo is smaller, lighter and cheaper, and charges twice as fast, ironically given there rep they can acutally take more charging abuse.

I would honestly go lipo every time, even though if you technically put them on a 1/4 mile the nimh wins, when it comes to endurance.. the lipo wins.

Comment

Rich - isn't it 12.6v?

(4.2v max per cell = 4.2 x 3? - ie a 7.4v will charge to 8.4v)?

I had a 12v NIMH 1400mAh (mini) battery and it wasn't quite as fast as a cheapo 11.1v 3800mAh 20C battery. I'd go lipo every time too. Although having said this, I don't know how a large mAh battery would compare (ie, I'd think a 12v 5000mAh battery would be faster than, say a 11.1v 1900mAh 20C).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Thats the problem is do you have a small or large one, whats the discharge rates etc..

Theres lots of variables, but just taking them on the face of it.

nimh cells 1.2v x 10 = 12v but a good nimh cell at full charge is 1.4v so thats 14v.. if you voltmeter accross the contacts.. the lipo cells at full charge like you say 4.2v x 3 = 12v.. it shows how good lipo is that technically 8.4v of lipo is almost as fast as 11.1v of nimh...

its becuase lipo comes in odd cells sizes..

a good lipo at 7.4v is as good as a 9.6v nimh but not quite... ROF will be quicker on ahigh quality nimh pack...

But the advantages too lipo far out weigh the tiny rof increase you get with nimh.

Comment

I would think you would be better going with the Lipo.

An 11.1 LiPo will be smaller, lighter and generally have a higher mAh.

You will be able to fit an 11.1 in stocks that accept large 9.6v NiHM's. Unless size isn't an issue...erm...lol. I have found LiPo's to charge close to 0.5 volts over the stated voltage. My 14.8 charges to 16.8.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tsv2tuff Find out more about tsv2tuff
          Working...
          X