v2 GB front and rear wired ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v2 GB front and rear wired ?

hi all just after some advice on a project im planing , ok it looks simple to do but would there be any side affects to front and rear wire a v2 ?

i plan on having different front sets and stocks for my next G&P so i can swap the gun about for any and all game types

thanks
    john.
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Re: v2 GB front and rear wired ?

hmmm..... the extra wire would cause more resistance in the circuit.........

but i cant see a problem really, but im not the best at wiring and such

Comment

The questions is, where would the wire go when it's not in use? Also, you'd have problems wiring the 2 wires to the one motor terminal. Or even joining them half way, would cause problems with disassembly. It's not impossible. It will be awkward though.
      sigpic
      Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
      I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Keep the rear wiring for either battery at rear, but then also have a additional wiring which goes outside the gearbox (electric tape it to the top?) which allows a foregrip battery to be connected if required instead.

That's my suggestion anyway!

Comment

I know not best diagram but where the green and red cables meet is the trigger, so two cables go into one side and one comes out. also on the negative motor connector you will have two cables attached

This setup means you can run 2 batteries at once thus increasing MAH means you can play longer without changing batteries. But you can still run your gun just using one battery.

All you are basically doing is putting the front wiring system and rear wiring system together.

Comment

but usuing two batterys would double the voltage wouldnt it?

Comment

Yeah if they're in series. However this looks like its in parallel, well something resembling it anyway. The voltage would stay the same but the mah would increase.

Comment

Actually I think the batteries would kill each other. You're connecting positive to positive. If you're going to run power sources in parallel, you need a diode or 2. I think. I could well be wrong though, I'm no expert. If anyone else is, please let us know.

The point was, he wanted to have the option of back or front, not use both at the same time. The wiring diagram is pretty good. Although I'd suggest joining the black wire near the gearbox. So as to avoid having 2 wires going into the pistol grip. There's really not enough room for 2 good quality wires in there. Might be tight with that many wires running around anyway.

I'm starting to wonder why you can't just have a battery stock wired in? If you need to change stocks, building a new lower receiver and stock combination might be an easier alternative. More expensive though I admit. Have you though about a 7.4v Li-Pol in your stock tube?
                sigpic
                Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

i dont plan on using both ends at the same time its so i could use a crane stock on one set up and a peq on another if needed , the front sets are all going to be ready made up for fast change overs cqb , med and a long i'm thinking all the kit in a very nice case

not looked in to li-po's tbh

but thanks for all info

Comment

Ok, just had another look at it and you'd be firing automatically anway as you have connected the front battery into a circuit with the motor. Yeah, all that wiring would be a problem as it might not fit. Alternatively you can wire to the stock and then for the front you can attach the positive to the trigger switch and run the negative along the top of the mechbox if there's enough room. Am i right in thinking that you'd be only using one battery at a time but you wish to be able to change front ends and stocks and be able to use both battery compartments with different combinations?

Comment

You could run a double, parrelel circuit. The sgearboix wiring setup runs the same execpt each battery wire coming out of it splits, giving you two red and two black. Thus either on or the other is used (in front and back), and the one not being used is not part of the circuit.

Comment

yep thats the one only the gb and lower of the m4 will stay the same

Comment

So each battery wire coming out at the stock end splits into two giving you four wires?

Comment

Hopefully that should make the wiring and connections more clearer. I didnt label where the batteries are but you should be able to see that for yourselves anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Barny Hamon View Post
                              So each battery wire coming out at the stock end splits into two giving you four wires?

Yup, two red and two black. One pair going to the front, one two the back, each with a battery connector. Whichever one doesn't have a battery connected doesn't have currecnt going through it, and so no extra resistance, or any problems.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

johnnyj Find out more about johnnyj
                              Working...
                              X