Front Sight Swap Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Sight Swap Question

I want to swap my current front sights (came on my m15a4 carbine) to a foldable one which I found, as I am getting a red dot. However, at the moment my hand guard 'holding thing' appears to be attached to the old sight for support.

I was wondering if all sights have this 'holding' function or if I will need to buy something else to accommodate for it.

Thanks,

Callirye.

Re: Front Sight Swap Question

a lot of new m4/m16 use a fake gas tube to hold the handguard cap tight , does the new front sight have large hole at the back ? just try your new sight with the cap free it might be tight if not bung something in the hole and screw the cap to it
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by Callirye View Post
      I want to swap my current front sights (came on my m15a4 carbine) to a foldable one which I found, as I am getting a red dot. However, at the moment my hand guard 'holding thing' appears to be attached to the old sight for support.

I was wondering if all sights have this 'holding' function or if I will need to buy something else to accommodate for it.

Thanks,

Callirye.
      if you have a 2 piece handguard, and yes. it need a front delta ring.
      sigpic

Comment

I've installed mine without a delta ring.... and the handguard is not kept into place!! BUT it's pretty tight and it doesn't move freely ... so I keep it like this.

George

Asahi WA2000
        WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Callirye Find out more about Callirye
        Working...
        X