Star/ Ares L85 - Potential Upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star/ Ares L85 - Potential Upgrades?

hey as some of you may know from my post down the page tat im agter an l85. im probably gonna get an ares/star one from the forums however, i have neever had a forum gun that shoots better/equal to one of my new guns so... where parts are recommended to change when you forum buy? fr example i play alot of woodland so i need range, so change out the hop unit etc? can you put an m4 hop in there?

any help appreciated cheers

Re: l85 parts etc after forum purchase

you shouldnt need to replace the hop unit, just the rubber

Comment

Re: Star/ Ares L85 - Potential Upgrades?

Thread moved to Tech - Electric guns, and a less generalised thread title selected (pm me if you don't want it - but I thought this would be a better title for someone who could input to the thread).

Sorry to hear that your second hand purchases have never been quite as good. I think this is not down to the nature of second hand, more-so the person you're buying off, and how well they've kept the gun in good order.

For example, a service should be performed every 3 months (at least; but this depends on how many times you skirmish).

I often change out stock hop rubbers with TM ones, regardless of make it was in the first place.

The L85 uses an armalite style hop, yes and many people put the madbull hop unit in there's.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

The Ares L85 uses an Armalite shaped hop, but is not the same as a standard M4 hop in that it attaches into the gearbox...
        Gaffa, are you definitely telling about the Ares instead of the ICS or AA? I was planning on test fitting one of my M4 units to one of my L85s (all Ares) soon anyway so will confirm then.
        I would highly recommend a TK Twist barrel if you can get your hands on one, try to make sure you get one with the 8mm gearbox and whack Kanzen ceramic bearings in there, pick up the bearing spring guide and the last major thing, it's a long gearbox so you will probably need at least one grade higher spring than you usually use...

Comment

Upon reflection, you are correct, I apologise. The Ares L85 hop does in fact appear to be diff.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris wheeler Find out more about chris wheeler
          Working...
          X