X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M4 Piston and Sping

Hi Guys,

I need some advice.

I bought the above from someone on this site recently, I have played with it and it plays really well, nothing wrong with it at all as far as I can see apart from if firing above my local site limit.

Its currently shooting at roughly 355 - 360fps.

I decided to change the spring to a M100 (I have no idea what was in it originally)

I took the upper gearbox apart and pulled it all out, the thing I thought was a bit strange was the fact that the spring is in no way attached to the piston head or piston.

The head screws on to the body from the back via a screw.
    That screw holds a bearing washer and a flat washer on the back side of the piston, the spring simply inserts into the back of the piston and sits against the flat washer.

Is the spring meant to be like this or is it meant to be physically attached to the piston/pistonhead in some way shape or form?

Cheers

Re: ICS M4 Piston and Sping

its supposed to be like that all aeg's are

Comment

it doesn't really make a difference mate ive had a couple of them the stock spring is attached but the upgraded ones didnt are you changing the spring to drop the fps coz 355-360fps is a little hot

Comment

So its ok to leave it as it is then, rather than worrying that it will do the gun damage?

Yeah, the site limit is a strict 340 so trying to get it below that.
        Im not sure if the M100 will do that but I bought it cheap so thought I would stick it in and chrono it at the next game.
        Do you know what that SHOULD provide, I did a bit of research and it looked like that spring should provide me with something along the lines of 330ish (100m a sec? 3.3ft per meter)

I am also thinking of just renewing the hop rubber and nib, are the ICS standard up to the task or would I be better off investing in a different make.

Comment

yeh its fine to leave it as it is

Comment

cut 1or2 coils from the front of the spring this should bring your fps down to a usable level or buy a new spring.
            depending on the type of m100 you buy you could end up with 370fps, buy a systema m100 as ive found them to be under powered gives me 330-335 in my ics m4 but a prometheus gave me 365fps
            m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

S3v3n Find out more about S3v3n
            Working...
            X