AUG hop up unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUG hop up unit?

right so in the next few days or so ill be upgrading a friends JG AUG, besides a few GB parts one of the things he wants is a new hop unit. i suggested a TM unit but im finding it hard to source one. does anyone know whether the hop unit from the AUGs is used in another gun that might be a bit more common to find parts for i.e a G36?

thanks
    Originally posted by ste887
    yes but multicam is the new black
    and black is the new gay

Re: AUG hop up unit???

Get the metal G&P one from Z1.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

You'd be better off with the classic army aug hop and you can get that from a shop that supports fire.
      Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

DEFINITELY DON'T get the G&P one. G&P cannot make hop units. They don't even make AUGs.. don't know what they were thinking making a random hop unit for them.

But all their other hop units are terrible.

The TM would probably be the best bet, but if you can't find them (Z1 could order them in?), then the CA is a good bet, CA hops are usually pretty good.
        Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Had the metal G&P hop once, found it terrible compared to the TM and Ca plastic hop units.

To be honest its more the rubber and nub that the actual hop chamber on Augs that you may need to change.
          TM m4a1 socom, Vfc Kac pdw, Vfc 416, Umarex m27, KA svd ( aeg and spring), Magpul pdr, Army R50, TM Deagle, TM Hicapa 4.3, TM snub nose revolver.

Comment

The TM is the best one in my experience. Try and find one second hand on here.

Comment

yea the G&P one seemed slightly pricey too at £30 considering (as said) they dont make hop ups or AUGs.

as for the CA ones is that the same unit as the the G36 ones? if so then i think that might be a safe bet with a decent rubber and nub. a vast improvement over the JG one anyway
              Originally posted by ste887
              yes but multicam is the new black
              and black is the new gay

Comment

I have a metal one piece hop unit in mine. I can't remember what make it is as I bought it with the unit in. For some reason Guarder springs to mind. I'll ask the guy who previously owned it when I see him next. But it's a good bit of kit!
                The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

To be honest, I can't see how one hop unit can differ to another, in function. For example, how is a G&P m16 hop unit any different to the classic army's? Well the dials are different - coloured and of course they've got their own brand hop rubber and nubs in, but that's it, until you start moving up the price ranks and you get "airsealed" chambers and prommy strike arm things!

Moved to tech:- electric guns! Thanks.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                    To be honest, I can't see how one hop unit can differ to another, in function. For example, how is a G&P m16 hop unit any different to the classic army's?
                    The Classic Army one WORKS?
                    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Hey, when I owned one, my G&P armalite hop worked.

Pugwash's G&P M16 (original) worked.

It's just they need a hop rubber change.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Re: AUG hop up unit?

In my experience, all G&P gun's hops have been terrible and the unit itself isn't completely innocent... changed just the hop rubbers and it improved it but still wasn't great.

It was only when I changed the chambers out for a Systema/Prommy Neo that they were hopping well. Prommy Neo had exceptional results. On my G&P M249, unfortunately there isn't another unit you can buy (although the G&P M249 hop is strangely similar to their AUG one.. so maybe an AUG hop would've fitted..) so TKoS took apart and rebuilt the unit for me and changed the rubber and nub several times (tried madbull, TM, Systema and Guarder) and it is still only OK.. not great.

So to me, chambers must make a difference 90% of the time I will put TM rubber and nub (cue Richardy flaming me with Firefly lol) into my guns, and they have been in all of my G&P armalites. So G&P stock was awful, G&P units + TM innards were OK, Systema units + TM innards were great, Prommy Neo unit + Tm innards was overly winsome.

I just don't get why G&P HAVE to make their own.. can't they just outsource the hops in their guns? They don't have a clue lol. All they are good at is making lovely quality metal parts (both externally and with regard to gears/gboxes etc). Anything else and they fail hard. The G&P M249, for instance, lovely thing to hold.. but a V2? SERIOUSLY? No safety.. and a bottom feeding drum mag with no lip to stop bbs pouring out... fail.

Comment

See I bought a prommy neo a while back for use in my ultra realistic M16, but that's not complete yet - what makes them so special?

I'd buy the firefly all the time, if it wasn't for the pricetag.

Comment

I don't know.. perhaps it's just the way they are made? They do a better job of holding the bb stable.. better airseal.. they seat the rubber and nub more securely? I can't work it out. But after putting Tm rubbers in just about every gun I have with all manner of different hop chambers, the Prommy Neo in the M4 is only second to the TM M14.

An interesting point, but the Madbull rubber I tried was too thick for the Prommy Neo, but fitted inside other hop units fine. So perhaps they ARE tighter inside and that has some effect?

The chamber itself must be pretty well machined though, because it's £40 odd and you have to fit all your own cogs and everything. Interestingly enough, one of my prommy neos has G&P hop unit cogs attached to it. So possibly just the actual chamber on the G&P ones is bad?

I also trust that firefly are the best, but I only say the TM rubbers are because, like you, I don't have to cash to splash on them all the time, and the TM rubbers are like £5

Comment

Yeah, in fact I think that with the strike arm, it's more like £50.

It would be interesting to see what people think about Madbull Hop vs Prommy Neo w/ strike arm.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

airsoft_ben_1989 Find out more about airsoft_ben_1989
                              Working...
                              X