Lipo connections..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipo connections..

My Lipo's turned up today with XT60 connectors on..is it ok to swap them for mini-tamiya's?
    Any advice for soldering to the Lipo's invited...
    Or I could buy some XT's..are they better?...thanks.

Re: Lipo connections..

Go for xt 60's!

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Originally posted by Montesa77 View Post
      Go for xt 60's!
      Ok
      I'll order them tonight..cheers.
      After reading the exploding Lipo horror stories I wasn't sure about soldering the leads..

Comment

Any connector will do really!

Just make sure when you remove the connectors you ensure the wires don't touch and short circuit.

Comment

Just to clarify, the only soldering that needs doing for tamiya connectors is when you've put the wire into the metal connector plug and closed the two brackets over either side to hold the wire in.

You solder on top of this to ensure the wire's not going anyway (I made the mistake when I first got a connector kit of not soldering, just popping the wires in the plug and using them that way).

If you do use tamiya, be sure to spread the legs (pardon) or tabs so that it looks more like a missile; you'll know you've done this as it will be harder to get the plug and wire into the actual tamiya plug.

But yeah as above, go for the 60's or deans. If I could choose I'd go for the 60's now, but currently using deans on most of my guns.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

seems like a lot of RC hobbyists are changing from deans to xt60....
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

They give better conductivity. I tried both on my M41 and you can see the difference over the chrono. They do however take up more room so they may not be ideal for all guns, but deffo go for them if you can fit them in.

I suppose a caveat to this would be. To get the best out of the system you really should be using some decent wire and a fet. You probably wouldn't notice any difference using rubbish wire.
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
                Ok
                I'll order them tonight..cheers.
                After reading the exploding Lipo horror stories I wasn't sure about soldering the leads..
                Don't panic, just don't cut both wires at the same time. Tin the wire and the plug, don't forget shrink wrap and make a good connection. That's the other good thing with the XT60's, you get a cup to solder into. Well wire thickness dependant...I do have some batteries with wires 5mm thick...8awg. It isn't easy soldering those to Deans I can tell you...lol.
                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

snuff Find out more about snuff
                Working...
                X