Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Would appreciate a bit of gun cleaning advice (ICS L85)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would appreciate a bit of gun cleaning advice (ICS L85)

Got a bit of rust on my 8 month old ICS L85. Mainly on some of the pins/screws, the fire selector switch and the trigger guard (as they seem to be mainly iron, and coated less than the body of the weapon itself).

Whats the best way to a) clean off the rust, and b) protect it to avoid rust again in the future? I have some silicon-spray for wipedown & cleaning, but I don't think its going to help much in getting rid of the rust spots that are there already.

Also going to make sure I wipe the weapon down more thoroughly each time I finish skirmishing.....

Re: Would appreciate a bit of gun cleaning advice (ICS L85)

The best thing for rust prevention is ACF50. I use it on my Jetski, motorcycle and guns. Really good, if a bit expensive at £15 per spray can.

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
    TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

Prevention is better than cure after every skirmish I give my guns a good wiping down with a rag coated in silicon oil, then wipe it clean again.

As for removing rust, Id go with fine wire wool and some gentle application.

Comment

Cheers chaps... - pretty much what I'd planned on doing anyway.

Really need to make sure I get undercover after a skirmish to ensure I can clean my gear properly. Problem is we have to store our gear in a lockup in Belgium (as its illegal to keep airsoft weapons in The Netherlands). This gives me limited ability to do weapon cleaning / maintenance

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Quokka Find out more about Quokka
        Working...
        X