stongest gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stongest gearbox

hey guys i just got given a free classic army m15 but the gearbox is cracked off at the front. i want to do some upgrades on it like a more powerful spring and piston but lock it to single fire to keep in the law for ground zero. i herd that the mp5 and m4 gearbox is nown for cracking at front so i want to know what one will stand the most punishment or what is strongest around and where can i get it?

basicly what is the strongest one i can get nd not worried about the cost
    Last edited by Gaffa; 30 January, 2011, 14:24. Reason: Merged posts

Re: stongest gearbox

G&P are pretty solid, as is gaurder. One of those I reckon.

Comment

You will just need a reinforced version 2 gearbox. I have a Modify v2 8mm gearbox and its simply amazing. Its reinforced and very well made. I'll pm you with a link.
      Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

If you can find them, the Haynes CNC cut one, you'd be looking about £100 for it though.

I'd avoid the "reinforced" offerings from Systema. All the padding is at the back, and they are known to break!

Best bet is proper care of something simple like a TM box. Radius the front window, use a polymer piston head and a good sorbo pad on the cylinder head.

Comment

will it take a 430fps spring or 500fps upgrade nd where do i get one?? looking for the asolut best 1 here guys as i dont feel like wasteing my money to find it cracked again

Comment

Uh... you realise if you have a 500FPS AEG pretty much nowhere will let you use it right?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
              Uh... you realise if you have a 500FPS AEG pretty much nowhere will let you use it right?
              unless hes another US based member?

Comment

Some sites all upto 500fps for sniper rifles - says he locking it semi.

Comment

I like the guarder gearboxes, can't fault them, used them in quite a few 425fps set ups and well as high rof ones.
                  WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Well he says he wants to use it at ground zero, so not US based and I thought thier limit was 400 for semi only AEGs?

Id say your best bet would be to get a 2nd hand gearbox, and put the money into range/accuray upgrades instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                      Well he says he wants to use it at ground zero, so not US based and I thought thier limit was 400 for semi only AEGs?
                      Thats certainly what it was at the weekender! havent been there any other time! lol

Comment

guarders are about the storngest ive used or the new kwa ones.

but really .. its not somethnig you should eb thinking about.. it happens ..

just buy any casing and use it, it will last a good long while..

Pretty much any of the so called aftermarket or enchanced offerings should be fine..

If your worryed spend some nice money on a decent cylinder head.. it will take the edge off with its padding..

Seriously some clones i get in the padding has basically turned into a solid state through either time or use.. or maybe it was that way to start with :P

Its food for thought becuase if a worn cylinder head is the cuase and you simply transplant all your old bits youll be in the same place in a years time or less.

Comment

Silent head set? They have loads of padding.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                          A brain?
                          Originally posted by snuff
                          Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

nah i said 500fps cause if it can take 500fps upgrades then better piece of mind with the 430fps upgrade for groundzero
                            so is it the garder one or modify is strongest about?

Comment

oh nd not intrested in the silent malarkey

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fijitstiks Find out more about fijitstiks
                              Working...
                              X