Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Electric Blowback?

Just out of curiosity...

Is it possible to simply add the parts necessary to make a standard AEG Version 2 gearbox into an electric blowback model? As far as my research can find all you need is a new outer shell with the blowback parts ont he top! But Cant find anything on them.

Do people sell electric blowback shells ready to have parts dropped into?

I do love the blowback on my AK, so would love to add it to my M4 as well!

Please note im on about electric blowback, and not recoil engines!

Re: Adding Electric Blowback?

simple answer,

the mechanical recoil unit, yes --- go buy a modify recoil tremors kits and make the gun have a stock tube and front wired.. easy

the pneumatic version --- No , without buying a G+G Gr16 gearbox and Toptech metal upper and lower reciever

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
      simple answer,

the mechanical recoil unit, yes --- go buy a modify recoil tremors kits and make the gun have a stock tube and front wired.. easy

the pneumatic version --- No , without buying a G+G Gr16 gearbox and Toptech metal upper and lower reciever
      Not really after the recoil unit as it costs a fair bit of moola! I was hoping that somebody would jus sell the shell with the ebb parts and I could do a simple gearbox swap!

Though I spose if it was that easy every Tom Dick and Harry would do it!

Comment

I don't see it not with out buy a gun with blowback and thieving the gearbox, it's about the runners and having a smoth system. A standard m4 dust cover is anything but smooth. It's just not worth it, for a tiny pate which moves an inch every shot

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
          I don't see it not with out buy a gun with blowback and thieving the gearbox, it's about the runners and having a smoth system. A standard m4 dust cover is anything but smooth. It's just not worth it, for a tiny pate which moves an inch every shot
          Yeah probably not.

A better way to make a blowback system would be a cylinder with two slots running along it, and a metal blowback sheet that you can screw into the sides of the piston!

Comment

Keeper of secrets has engineered a great blowback system into a mate's thompson.
            All his own work and ideas. Pm him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

The Thompson is easy as you attach the bolt to the piston with a rod and a piece of string

The only blowback you will get is the pneumatic style of g&g or recoils

The blowback shells are only 45$ from the g&g factory as they are propritory parts

Comment

So in theory I could simply get in the G&G shell, and swap it out with the gearbox I have now?

Is there actually room in there as well? It seems to have quite a large part on top, where my charging handle current goes!

Comment

Does anyone know if a cyma AK blowback gearbox etc will fit in an AK74su receiver/body? Would love to make one now that funds are rolling in again

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

it depends mate,

as im pretty sure that most AK uppers and lowers are made withing the same tolernaces

so the moving gas-tube etc will theoritically fit under a normal dust stop half of a normal AK series

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                      Working...
                      X