should I downgrade the spring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I downgrade the spring?

For my ongoing project I have a madbull ultimate hop,with tracer unit,and a madbull black python Ver.II 285mm scheduled to go into my VFC PDW...it will also have an extreme fire programmable mosfet...its already connected to a kong power 7.4 lipo
    out of the box the gun was firing over 350fps, I was able to adjust the hop so that it was firing at around 330 fps
    question is with the ultimate hop improving the airseal and the TB producing upto 15%increase in performance...do you think my gun will be pushed too far over the limit,and that i should replace the spring to something less powerful?
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Re: should I downgrade the spring?

Sounds like it is still in "out of the box" condition.

I'd say leave it, after a few more thousand rounds, 330 will be 320. Also, if you replace the 15% with 15fps, that'll be more accurate. I think that even currently at 330, with a TBB and Madbull hop, you're not going past 355.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Makes sense, a lot of places will frown on the hop being used to reduce FPS into limits.

I'd suggest something like a Systema M100, or a Guarder SP90 if you really want to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
        Makes sense, a lot of places will frown on the hop being used to reduce FPS into limits.

I'd suggest something like a Systema M100, or a Guarder SP90 if you really want to be sure.
        I've never considered that any site or company should ask for you to turn your hop off to chrono the gun more accurately.

Imagine if you had spent 20 minutes setting it!?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

the hop wasnt turned all the way on,to add unnecessary friction just to slow it down,i just adjusted to fire straight,and thankfully the fps went down to 330
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
            I've never considered that any site or company should ask for you to turn your hop off to chrono the gun more accurately.

Imagine if you had spent 20 minutes setting it!?

May I direct you here: http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=88000

Its bloody inconvieniant Ill tell you that!

As for the OPs question, I personally see no problem with you using the hop to control the FPS. If youve got your hop set juuuust right for maximum range and accuracy, and its sat at 349FPS, youre not going to turn your hop off to get an extra 30FPS or so are you? Give it a while for everything to bed in, if its still hot, then whack a new spring in.

Comment

The problem is people who bring the hop all the way down so the BB passes though the crono before going straight into orbit.

Then once in game adjust it level, so are now firing hot.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sparrowhawk Find out more about sparrowhawk
              Working...
              X