Clipping springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipping springs?

I need to downgrade an JG MP5. I'm going to clip the spring but in what increment should I do this?

Re: Clipping springs?

I'm no expert, but i've been told that they should be clipped a quarter turn at a time!

It's probably best to wait for a more informed answer!

Comment

A new spring is only a tenner? I'd say save yourself some long term hassle, and get a systema M100.

Comment

+1 on that, or if you want to up your ROF a bit do what i did and go for an m90 spring.
        'so long, and thanks for all the fish'

Comment

Thanks. I'm pretty confused about all this M100 SP100 lark - how are they rated and how can you tell which does what?

Comment

As a very rough guide, M100 means 100 metres per second, M110 means 110 metres per second

Comment

I assumed as much but also read 'somewhere' that different manufacturers go by different fps measurements?

Comment

Actually. Just thought: when the likes of Zero One offer a "1J or M100 spring 'upgrade' - are they actually upgrading it or downgrading it (to safe UK limits). According to the above, they're both... 1J...

I've got some springs left over from these upgrades I got from them. What are they?

Comment

If it's an M100 from zeroone then it is likely to be around 350, 1J would be 328ish. So if you put one in your gerabox then it should be under the UK limit, not sure about your site limit though.

Comment

1.35J

Cheers, I'll whack that in and see what happens.

Comment

Dammit! I can get everything stripped, bar the poxy grub screw holding the fire selector on.

Comment

The grub screw is impossible on the JG's, lol. I kind of just pulled it off with a flat head screw driver in end. Then pushed it back on afterwards.

When it breaks one day (they always do!) replace with a TM one, has a handy screw instead

Comment

It's kinda my fault because I haven't got the right size allen key but I can usually persuade them...

Did it cause any damage prizing the lever off?

Comment

Not on mine. It is essentially a square bar pushed into the selector. The fit is tight, so I had no problem just pushing it back on.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                            Working...
                            X