V2 gearbox upgrade to 500fps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 gearbox upgrade to 500fps

I am upgrading a v2 gearbox to hopefuly 500fps at which point i will make it semi auto only to keep it within the rules of where I play.

I have put in an Element Max torque gear set, and an Element 160 Spring, this I expected to increase the power to 460-500ish but I got a measly 300fps

The same gearbox with a 100 spring and normal gears produces over 340 fps

Whats going wrong? any ideas?

regards

Re: V2 gearbox upgrade to 500fps

compression issues is my bet

Comment

what else are you using in the gearbox?

Comment

I'd agree with Alfer. I don't know what to recommend though.

Comment

What motor are you using? Maybe it is not powerful enough to make full use of the spring.

Comment

That is complete rubbish =], power of the motor has nothing to do with the power of the spring. It affects ROF but not power. What is to blame is probably compression issuses as has been said before. Judging by the fact that you've bought Element stuff which is a chinese clone company id say that you've got a chinese gearbox. Which one have you got? You could get a TM cylinder, cylinder head and pison head and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

its probably a O ring on the cylinder head letting air out, so try get one with 2 O rings

or you could try a tightbore cylinder and tightbore cylinder head
              Originally posted by bravotwozero
              Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

The Gearbox is a JG box, obviouly I have metal bearings etc,
                Will try replacing the cylinder and head and replace the piston with a double ringed

Many Thanks to all for their help and will be posting again if it still doesn't work

Regards

Comment

What gun, barrel length and cylinder, are you running?
                  sigpic
                  Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                  I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

If you are using a shorter barrel(363mm below) use type 1 cylinder, vents 3/4 of the cylinder, if you're using a longer barrel (400mm plus) use a type 0 cylinder or no holes. I normally used torque up gears, what ever brand you like and bore up everything, half tooth piston ( I Normally used deepfire titanium coated half tooth pistons. I can run SP150 to 530fps +/-2 fps. by the way the TM EG 1000 can easily pull the spring and I am using a 550mm 6.03 tight barrel.

My semi and semi only SAM R with SW cheetah.

Batter options Ninh or Lipoly.

By the way I am using a stock G&P hop up chamber but change the hop up rubber to prome hard type (red) and a secret airsealing technique.

or you could try a tightbore cylinder and tightbore cylinder head[/QUOTE]

Where can you get this stuff, first time to come accross with this. Or you misquoted it.....Bore up cylinder, bore up cylinder head and bore up airseal noozle's what I know, this have much higher air volume compared to stock, my 2 cents.
                    Last edited by Rampage; 22 January, 2009, 16:21. Reason: Tripple Post

Comment

Cheers to all again , I have managed my task I bought an A&K SPR, Max torque gear set and a Guarder 170 spring running at 495 at the mo before I start on the barrel of cause I have restricted it to semi auto.

regards

Comment

Originally posted by Nefarious2008 View Post
                        Cheers to all again , I have managed my task I bought an A&K SPR, Max torque gear set and a Guarder 170 spring running at 495 at the mo before I start on the barrel of cause I have restricted it to semi auto.

regards
                        SP170 at 495FPS, ma men you have a huge airleak.

Comment

No he doesn't.

The SP170s are designed to come out at just above 500fps, so losing 5 doesn't constitute a "massive airleak".

Comment

Also, to add, motors do have an impact on how much power a gun will have... Why do you think the motors G&P makes are called M120, M140 and M160 motors? Because they are designed to pull springs up to that certain power level.

The motor in your SPR should be plenty sufficient though, those new A&K's are absolutely fabulous as they're now using much better motors and have awesome trigger response. Compared a stock A&K SR-25 with an upgraded ICS AK-74, and the SR was much quicker in trigger response.

Also, having a tightbore barrel will/ can actually increase the fps. The barrel's I've been recommended are the Madbull 6.03mm Version 2's - as although they state 6.03mm, they have been tested to 6.01mm, apparently. But as far as truth goes, I'm not sure whether to believe it or not! Hehe.

Anyway, I've heard they would give 30 - 50fps increase.

Regards, Matt.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Motor ratings are there to let you know how powerful a spring the motor can pull. It does NOT affect the power of the gun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nefarious2008 Find out more about Nefarious2008
                              Working...
                              X