JG Aug Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG Aug Project

Hello everyone, I am going to be playing my first airsoft game in about 6 months in a couple of weeks and I've been thinking of upgrading my aug and doing a bit of maintenance as it hasn't been fired in a long time.

Ive been thinking of adding a new tighbore barrel, hop-up and a new spring (because i think might be almost too hot). So I was wondering if you guys could offer any advice on any of those parts and also should i open up the gear box and re grease it or any other maintenance I should do as it hasn't been used in a while.

Thanks

Re: JG Aug Project

What are your site limits? And budget?
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

site limit is 350 fps, and budget is somewhere £40 - £60 but could stretch more if needed

Comment

also dont touch a gearbox if you are unsure if you can reassemble
        sigpic

Comment

Well I've never opened a gearbox but i have an idea of what to do and there are also plenty of guides on the internet. Also would zero one do the work for me them if i sent them the parts and gearbox?

Comment

give it to sniper jesus

Comment

Well as my next skirmish is only a week or so away i might just forget gearbox upgrades and just go for a new hop rubber and maybe a tightbore, but I'm a bit apprehensive about putting in a tightbore because Ive read that they can increase your fps as well and i don't want to go over 350. Also is installing a new spring easy to do?

Comment

In my opinion, you don't tend to need a tightbore in an AUG, no idea why but mine doesn't need one. Even though I play woodland, it's got good range and accuracy.

If you can get one, get a metal one piece hop unit and a new hop rubber. That's all that's different with mine and it's an absolute animal
                The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Zero one are selling HurricanE tune up kits anyone had any experience with them?

Comment

had one in my thompson, very nice
                    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Joe120 Gangsta init fam Find out more about Joe120
                    Working...
                    X