Piston and Piston head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piston and Piston head?

What kind of piston + piston head do you guys recommend for a Version 3 gearbox (Used in TM AK47), for a good price.

Ive got these in mind, but im not sure of compatability isses (if thats even possible, as ive never replaced a piston/head before)

Systema Aluminium Piston £23.95
    Systema Area 1000 Aluminium Piston Head £9.50
    = £33.45

Also im going to be using a guarder sp100 spring inside it.

Re: Piston and Piston head?

Wouldnt touch anything aluminium myself.
    Will pm you a great cheap alternative address to get something in the UK.

Comment

Out of those 3 parts I'd use none....

- SP100 will give you very high FPS. Guarder spings come in hot.
      - Aluminium piston heads are a bit pointless. A good vented polymer piston head is better.
      - The TM piston is actually top notch - stick with that.

Comment

As said stick with piston but
        guader sp90 spring
        modify pom piston head but as theres a fps increase i would also get bearing bushings and a metal bearing spring guide just because I like fitting them in all my guns .

Comment

You'll need to use a knife to cut the screw free.

Failing that, I use a small saw to cut the piston head and screw in half.

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
            modify pom piston head
            What do you mean?

& Once the Piston head is cut off the stock piston, how is it secured back on if the screw is cut off?

Comment

Modify is a make of upgrades sold by world of airsoft there just as good as systema if not better but like half the price mate.

edit I got a modify air nozzle ,spring guide and pom piston head in my p90 and it gives great air seal .

Comment

New piston head will come with a screw

Comment

So basicly i can get the piston head off but then its useless? But the orginal piston can still be used?

Also how do you cut the piston head off, go in from the top and find the screw or go across the bottom of the piston head and cut the screw in half

Comment

That's right. But you can get a TM piston set for about £10. Same price as other pistons alone.

I usually take the O ring off (keep that for future use in little clear bag with some silicone oil inside). Then cut in that groove right the way through.

Comment

I found that you can take the head off by putting a bit of padding on it and turning off with pliers. Only works taking it off mind you!

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                      A brain?
                      Originally posted by snuff
                      Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

You'll want a ported one ideally.

(p.s) Watch about linking to (or talking about) other retailers. Mods will strike you down, lol.

Comment

Ohh right, didn't know that haha i'll try not to link sites anymore.

know any good ported ones that are relatively cheap? Im guessing the new piston head comes with a new screw. And what does it screw into because the stock TM piston has a piece of metal at the end iv'e seen from videos. Does it screw into that or just the piston its-self and the piece of metal can be removed?

Comment

The TM one basically has a self tapping screw which is from the piston head into the metal block.

Everything else (pretty much) is the other way around. Firstly more like a bolt, but it screws from the inside of the piston into the piston head.

Something like the "Ares Bearing Ventilation Piston Head" would be what I'd look at.

Comment

If you are not going to use the parts, SHS Supercore clone and the Orange Duracon by Element are both excellent. The light weight ones are good up till arround 30 or so rps. The Element Pom vented piston heads are the only ones I use now, untill I get my own made. If you look at the Battery comparison thread I posted they are ALL exclusivly SHS or Element parts. With the exception on the gears which are modified and stock ratio.

I really would suggest staying away from either full metal rack pistons or full Aluminium ones UNLESS they are going to be run at slowish speeds say 15 a sec and you have made the nessesary modifications. They do afterall as others have said cause problems to your gear box. If you had the ali piston and the ali head together they would make the moving mass very heavy.

There are some crazy people in far off lands that run with Aluminium pistons at over 50 a sec, but they spend untold hours working on their guns.

In saying that my next gun will be using a full meatal rack and will be much faster than my current flagship M41.

You should think about correcting aoe if you havn't seen them already sorbo pads are absolutly the way forward for this. There is one shop now producing cylinder heads with the sorbo on them. They also have the air nozzles with dual O rings and are very nice, as shown on the gear box in the battery thread.

I will just tell you that SHS make some of the Modify products, so if you think modify products are the way forward, theres some info for you.

As much as it is nice to see, please don't get me into tropuble...:D
                              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mikeyc22 19 Find out more about Mikeyc22
                              Working...
                              X