Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

P90 low/mid magazines - loading problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90 low/mid magazines - loading problem?

Hi all,

Well I've had four TM low cap magazines for a while now and they used to load quite easily using a speed loader. Recently I can't seem to fill them up as easily... it's almost as if the bbs are getting jammed up and I have to press really hard on the speed loader to get things moving. Something has changed but I'm not sure what.

The speed loader feeds bbs no problem but as soon as I place the speed loader against the feeding port on any of the P90 low and mid caps, 10 or 20 bbs go through before it starts jamming again. I thought that perhaps the magazines need a bit of TLC but for all four to fail at the same time?! And the two silverbacks I have just purchased have the same problem?!

I have opened up one of the TM low cap magazines and it seems fine. The spring moves through the channel easily, there is no dirt or debris of any kind and there is still some residual silicon oil. Having a hard time putting it back together though, damn spring keeps flicking out and I need an extra pair of hands!

So does anyone have any ideas why my P90 magazines are suddenly difficult to load? Or was I just lucky before and it's normal for P90 magazines to be difficult to load at times?

Also has anyone taken apart a low cap magazine and put it back together again? If so I would really appreciate some advice on the putting back together part :D

Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading!

Re: P90 low/mid magazines - loading problem?

Did you change BB make recently?
    I had trouble with Sten midcaps until I switched to different BBs which were apparently larger. The larger BBs make them less likely to jam.

Comment

Hmm interesting point...

As far as I can recall, the magazines were loading normally a few games ago. It was during the last game I noticed a big difference. Thinking back I was using a new bag of bbs... further study is needed. I'll grab a micrometer and magnifier at work and have a good look. Think I still got a few of the old bbs loose in my kit bag.

Thanks for the suggestion

Comment

I think the new ones I have are 5.95mm as opposed to the normal 5.92mm (according to the place I got them). It's a minute difference, but it has a significant effect.

Comment

Ok so I have managed to reassemble the low cap and it works flawlessly now. Much easier to load now using the same bbs as before. I will check the others, re-oil them and see what happens.

Still having problems with the Silverback mid caps though, despite spraying some silicon oil inside the loading / feeding outlet. I left them upright against the wall for a few days to allow the oil to pass through the mechanism. Still no joy. Loads about 40 - 50 bbs ok at first, slightly stiff, but any more after that I have to really apply some pressure... so much so I'm worried I'm going to break the speed loader.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have experience with Silverback mid cap magazines? Is this normal?

Thanks for the help

Comment

Oops double post.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Quibble I like to keep active and meet new people. Still new to Airsoft but learning more and more each day! Find out more about Quibble
            Working...
            X