Motors - People's Preferences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motors - People's Preferences?

Fairly simple question; looking at motors and I am wondering peoples preferences.
    I have previously used the TM eg 1000 and was pretty happy with it, but I have heard some good things about the Element Max Speed. Both similar prices, but wondering what people thought.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Re: Motors

the element max speed has compatibilty issues mate, as doesn't work properly in every rifle

id either use,

TM 10000
    G&P M120
    Guarder high speed
    KANZEN high torque

Comment

G&P M120 if your not using a huge lipo. It doesn't seem to like huge lipo's from my experience.

The guarder one has crap spinup speed. So that's one to avoid in my opinion.

The Kanzen motor's are meant to be brilliant, but that's only what iv'e heared i'm yet to try one.

EG1000 is always a good choice. Very well made.

SHS is another up and coming brand. Again i haven't yet tried one of those motors.

The Elements are brilliant so long as you don't mind spending some time to make it fit properly. It isn't always the case, however can have some issues with fitment

Comment

the m120 does like lipo mate, doesnt like anything over a 35c dump though,

the kanzens are brilliant mate, swapped it out of my SOPMOD into my GR-16 for a game,
        and man im getting another one :p love it with the mosfet and lipo

the SCS ones are the same as the lonex/dream army, nearly the same specs as the one from japan that was nearly 40,000 rpm

Comment

sorry to kinda hijack but what are tm eg700's like?

Comment

Is that the guarder revolution?
            sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

eg700 are standard tm motors ,they are in most of there guns if im correct .

Comment

Does the Kanzen have a stronger magnets than the systema magnum guard. As i'm going to be getting an ASCU put into my rifle when it arrives. And it doesn't work well on anything less power than the magnum. But the magnum has issues with pinion and shorting. So i need one of the equivalent power of the magnets or better

Comment

I have a kanzen high torque in my sentry along with a ASCU/ECU trigger 'fet, its a great combination, the magnets seem pretty strong it should be fine, they are definitely worth it.
                  sigpic

Comment

You have the ECU mate with the AR latch still there. The ASCU removes the need for the AR latch. Which is why i need a very, very strong motor

Comment

Running the ASCU without a ARL is asking for trouble. There is no reason to remove it, and every reason to keep it in there.

As for motors, I exclusively run the G&P M120 motor. Have done for the last 5-6 weapons with no complaints. Excellent ROF and good trigger response :D

Comment

They say you dont need an ar latch but there are still some troubles even if it ocrs about 1 in ever 1000 shots ,its always worth putting it in.

Comment

there a couple of vids on youtube where you can here it back spinning without the ARL.
                          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

what damage is done when it back spins?

Comment

Well I dont know but I have always been told its not a good idea to speed a motor the wrong way and without the ar latch it may cause feeding issues .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Snowdrop Find out more about Snowdrop
                              Working...
                              X