Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the hop rubber from a G3

How the hell do you do it?

Im using a TM G3-SG1, I cant figure out how to get the hop rubber out of the hop unit, the unit doesnt seem to come apart and the hop rubber doesnt stay attached to the barrel, its seated in the hop unit. How do I get it out?!

Re: Removing the hop rubber from a G3

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
    How the hell do you do it?

Im using a TM G3-SG1, I cant figure out how to get the hop rubber out of the hop unit, the unit doesnt seem to come apart and the hop rubber doesnt stay attached to the barrel, its seated in the hop unit. How do I get it out?!
    can you poke it out with something.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Just use one of the stock or front pins from the G3 or a large-ish allen key to just push it out. Push from the bb side out towards where the barrel was. To re-fit it, you need to stick it back onto the barrel, silicone spray it and gently push it into the hop, aligning the barrel groove with the hop mould line. And that is that

Ta, Nikolay

Comment

Excellant, cheers chaps! Will give that a go, thats what I thought you had to do but didnt wanna go shoving things into the hop and ruin the rubber! Im pretty sure its buggered as it is, but dont wanna risk wrecking a perfectly good rubber if its fine!

Comment

Great sucess! A combination of pushing and tweezering got it out. Hop rubber looks pretty chewed up, hopefully thats the cause of my G3 accuracy problems...

By the way, Midas, would you happen to run an airsoft store named after yourself? If so my G3 thanks you for the new hop rubber and spring which arrived thismorning!

Comment

I might...but SHhhhhhh....lol..

Tell your G3 she's welcome....
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Yeah, I saw that advertised on a certain other forum's news page as well. Made me smile, I always feel warm inside when people I recognise get going professionally and keep sharing with the community

Comment

Argh I think I spoke too soon, getting it back in is proving to be a right ball ache... its like a fraction of a milimeter too large, so when you push the barrel back in with the rubber on, it doesnt line up with the hop nub D:

Ever get that feeling when you wish you just hadnt bothered in the first place?! The results better be pretty damn good for this hassle! :P

Comment

lol, silicone spray on the outside of the hop does wonders, really . Worst comes to worst, tightly wrap a bit of ptfe tape around the hop to squeeze it in a bit.

Comment

Yeah Im using silicon lube, its tighter than a virgins backside! Lol... Ive managed to get it back in, but Im not sure the hop rubber is seated properly, the nub seems a bit... out of place. Im using an element 45degree rubber, havent had a chance to test it properly yet but from what I can see Im not convinced its sitting right. If its not working properly will give the PTFE tape a go.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                    Working...
                    X