Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeg MOSFET help

Hello,

Going to be fitting an AB MOSFET into my ca cqb tomorrow. Just having a look at the wiring, there are 3 wires (2 thin and one larger (motor) wires) that need to route underneath where the pinion gear on the motor will need to go near.

I'm just a bit worried that there isn't a lot of clearance between the wires and the pinion gear which is going to be spinning at ridiculous speeds!

Just wondering how you guys have dealt with this? Is it necessary to file down abit of the gearbox to allow space?

Any pictures would be very greatly appreciated! If not, just a good old explanation.

Many thanks
    How to deal with cheats.......

Originally posted by cactus
    Put them in an empty room, chuck a few dynatecs in there with them.
    And then just spray them with a vulcan, that'll teach them how to behave..

Re: Aeg MOSFET help

most of the time i have the trigger wire running out side the gearbox on the right hand side ( so it does not mess with the selector )
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

It will be fine , Neutral "black" (As i call it) Goes straight to the motor , You have one live which goes straight to the + on the motor and one other live which trails its way to the mosfet which cross's the path of pinion.

Then the gate wire which should be like 1mm Will just fit beside the live and not get in the way

I reckon ill do a picture guide on how to fit a mosfet as its straight forward to do
      Hate.
      "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

If your rear wired this is how i did it ,when i rewired from front to rear

[IMG][/IMG]
        Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

Thanks for your help so far.

Yeah mine is going to be the same layout as mirlocks with the 2 thin wires going to the trigger unit.

Think I might just find a way to keep them
          Nice and low and then get some
          Glue on the top to keep them good

Comment

yep but mirlocks is a sopmod not a standard renforced V2 , if your using 16awg and 2 trigger wire's you run the risk of the motor cutting the wiring if removed and replaced in the box ( found this on g&p box's and motors ) and getting it all to fit down the rear passage would be very tight ( that just sounds so wrong lol )

your CA will have 16awg and a renforced box

Comment

Hahaha yeah it did!

That's exactly the problem I am having mate, it's the cutting when removing the motor. Might try and file down a little gulley for the two thin trigger wires I think.

Comment

For speed run them both out the front of the box and run them along the right side there is just room for both and when in the gun it looks all nice and tidy , this way if the shell ever gets trashed you dont need to make the same mods on the new shell .

Comment

Great thanks! I'll just heatshrink them.

Should be room for it yeah?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ajn Find out more about ajn
                  Working...
                  X