Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M4, how to make lots of "Noise"

Hi guys,

Many of you may think I'm really stupid for asking this (for various reasons) but it's my personal opinion that louder is better and if anyone's got any ideas or experience how to do this- I'd greatly appreciate it. I know it might be more tactical to have a gun that's incredibly silenced but I just don't like it...

I've got an ICS metal M4, it's more or less all stock and I was wondering if there's a way of making it sound more like a 'real' assault rifle? I really want to reduce the 'wirring' sound of the motor and increase the 'bang' sound to give it a slightly more realistic sound.

Anyone got any ideas?

Re: ICS M4, how to make lots of "Noise"

Sound amplifyer(spelt wrong) and a washer glued to the piston head and cylinder head.! A new motor would take away the wuring, or a MOSFET quiets it abit more.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Firstly, you'll never get anything close...

You can use a "Sound Hog" which makes it louder, more like a "crack". A metal piston head will increase noise, as would reducing the padding on the cylinder head. Both put more strain on the gearbox and may well lead to cracking.

Comment

Many thanks. Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly is and what form does a sound amplifier or Sound Hog take?

I can appreciate that it will probably never get as loud or sound quite like a real rifle but anything closer to it than a standard AEG would be a good start.

Comment

Idea...... Use one of the new sorbo kits but under pack it, 3mm instead of 5mm, then glue a washer to both the heads again..... Reduce the cracking!

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
          A brain?
          Originally posted by snuff
          Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Originally posted by Mattplus View Post
            Many thanks. Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly is and what form does a sound amplifier or Sound Hog take?
            Search Madbull Noveske Soundpig or something.

It's just like a flashhider pretty much, just screws on a 14mm thread you should have on the end of your outer barrel.
            How to deal with cheats.......

Originally posted by cactus
            Put them in an empty room, chuck a few dynatecs in there with them.
            And then just spray them with a vulcan, that'll teach them how to behave..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mattplus Find out more about Mattplus
            Working...
            X