gear box trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear box trouble

ok so i recently had an issue with my gear box that come with my cyma m1a1 and if im not mistaken its a p-90 v6. now what the problem what is that i was just doing some back yard plinking and it stoped shooting all of a sudden.now i know it wern a jam or the battery running out as when i pulled the triggure you could feel the gears just ever so slightly and im a total noob to this stuff so hadnt a clue about what was wrong with it after i took it apart and looked a bit closer i noticed that the plastic plunger thingy mcdoo that hits the bb in the barrel wes forward and i couldnt push it back so i dellved into the fittins more and found a small catch inside ....lets say....the gearbox grip .....(duno the realy term) as soon as i pressed that it releised the spring inside the gere box and well runs without a hitch BUT!!
    my quiestion is this. what could of caused this to happen and what can i do to stop it from happening again?
    Made a note in my diary on the way here. Simply reads..."Bugger"

Re: gear box trouble

sounds like a gb lock, could be due to shimming or something broken inside the gb causing a jam. the air nozzle mentioned should move freely in and out on a spring. gb needs opening up, shiiming greasing and a good service of any faulty parts
    sigpic

Comment

this is vary upstetting as its only a week old and ive opend it so will be void of warenty and returns.......

Comment

Firstly: Please try and use basic grammar and punctuation.
        Secondly: Stick it in the right section.
        Thirdly: You are a self confessed noob when opening a gun so why do it! A week old van be sent back to the supplier and fixed free of charge.

Rant over.

Comment

totally agree with Spooros - why would you even think of opening it up if only a week old - the obvious solution to prevent the gearbox jamming again would be to send it back and get a replacement, but ..........
          I am battle-tested bayonets bro,You can’t process me with a normal brain-If you borrowed my brain for five seconds,you’d be like-Dude-can’t handle it,unplug this b@st@rd!-It fires in a way that’s maybe not from,uh this terrestrial realm-Charlie Sheen

Comment

both of the above comments although true, help the situation none whatsoever, could be good to be in the correct section yes, a mod will do that soon enough, he needs help not critisism
            Last edited by JOE90; 15 February, 2011, 11:00.
            sigpic

Comment

cheers lads nice to know your willing to help.......
              Last edited by The Keeper of Secrets; 15 February, 2011, 12:52. Reason: swearing

Comment

Bit of a stupid question.But have you checked the fuse bud?

Comment

Well from the sounds of it the little spring you were going on about was the anti-reversal latch, stops the gears from going the wrong way basically. May have just got caught up or something meaning you had a lock up.

If your rifle is working fine just leave it for now mate. If it happens again the best thing to do would be to send it off to who you got it from but don't mention that you have already opened the gearbox.
                  How to deal with cheats.......

Originally posted by cactus
                  Put them in an empty room, chuck a few dynatecs in there with them.
                  And then just spray them with a vulcan, that'll teach them how to behave..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

barson66 well just ask and id be happy to answer Find out more about barson66
                  Working...
                  X