Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XT60 connector getting stuck

Hey there,

I've just switched my gun and one of my batteries (and my charger) to XT60 connectors. They're great - you could tell the difference when firing the gun (I know!) but I'm having a really hard time getting the things apart! Anybody had this experience or any advice? It'd be much appreciated as I'm scared I'll pull too much on the wire!

Re: XT60 connector getting stuck

same as deans becarefull when heating or using a crimp to hold it during fitting the wiring, or it could distort it and its a tighter fit than it should be..

theres alway a chance you have non genuine xt-60s, im sure they will be fine its just maybe the fit is tighter than it should be..

they are ment to be fairly tight though..

Comment

I'm fairly certain they are genuine XT60'd but regardless is there anything I could do to help reduce the amount i have to tug to pull them apart?

Comment

Use a fine needle file or replace them

Comment

I know what you mean, whilst it doesn't happen much and when it does it isn't that bad, when they feel a little tight, hold both xt60 connectors and slowly tug apart, though tug firmer if necessary, it wont do any damage to it.

Comment

You could use a spare end and on both your plugs unsolder and resolder the XT60 on, that should help to realign things.

I'm glad to see people using these after I pushed them...

You shouldn't be pulling wires anyway, they have little resesses to put you mits on to pull them apart.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Yep I think it was after your recommendation that I went for these Midas! :-p you reckon re-soldering with a spare end in?

I've put a thin thin coating of silicon oil around the edges of the connector to see if that helps at all... I'm kind of hoping it'll be a bedding in issue!

The connectors were quite hot after soldering - too hot to grip in my hand. Could they have warped at all...?

Comment

I would say that's a very likely cause, like deans I solder these in pairs. Just in case.

New and unsoldered they are a nice tight fit but they slide apart.
                Gun tech.

Comment

Just re-soldered and now they fit like I presume they're meant to! Nice and firm but still possible to pull them apart. Thanks for the top tip and I'll remember that in future!

Presumably this only applies to the female connectors as they are the ones with pins that could move?

Comment

I pair up either way round....The one that looks like a socket is the male...The one that looks like the male is the female...Work that out.
                    Gun tech.

Comment

Lol well it's like XLR connectors (I'm an audio guy!)... You have the one with two little sockets in it (Thinking female..?) but then that one goes entirely into the other so it must be male!

It's about whether or not the big one enters the female at the end of the day...

Comment

Just realised what I wrote... oh dear!

Comment

lol...erm....

You are correct sir.!
                          Gun tech.

Comment

About the Author