Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loose mags

Hey,

On my dboys kac pdw the mags are quite loose when you put them in. They do stay in place (if you tape around the mag but that means they willnt go in other guns) and they do feed but you have really hit them in but you can quite easily pull them out without using the release switch.

There are two 3.5mm bullet connectors that sit above the magwell, im not sure if they could be stopping it so im going rewire the switch selector so the connectors are further up away from the magwell but i was just wondering if you had any other ideas when i have it all open?

Cheers
    sigpic

Re: loose mags

What brand are the mags you're having probs with?
    My PDW works fine with Kings arms hi caps, but had to put 5 layers of gaffa tape on the opposite side of the mag from the mag catch on the MAG mode that I've just bought... and they all work fine in my M4.
    P.S. you only put tape on side of mag, don't wrap it around!

Comment

Hi,

The mags im using are MAG the metal 190rd midcaps. They work fine in my KA M4 so i doubt it the mags.

Even when i do have tape on them you can wobble them (front to back) out but i think thats down to the spring on the barrel/front of hop unit.
      sigpic

Comment

When i measured my MAG mags they where 1mm skinnier than my kings arms ones and wobble back and forwards and side to side, but they could be wobbled off the mag catch...
        The tape builds them up so they cant come off the mag catch and they still work fine in my M4 and friends M16.

Comment

Take the internals out of the mag till you have the metal shell. And put a pair of pliers inside and open them up .But just a little bit at a time till your happy with the fit .Its not going to effect the mag being 1mill

Comment

Thats strange toolbox as on KA m4 the MAG mags fit like a glove you cant wiggle them out at all, in fact putting tape on them seem to make them worse but on my pdw you need about 2-3 layers of insulation tape on to get it to hold but even then you can force them out with little effort.

I have even changed the mag catch on the PDW to a KA one
            sigpic

Comment

Ive put about 8 layers of insulation tape in the magwell of the PDW and it seems to be fine now, you can still wobble it out but it takes some effort and you can hold the gun my the mag upside down without it falling out.

cheers for the help
              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dead_Fred Find out more about Dead_Fred
              Working...
              X