Compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compression

Think my last thread was maybe too specific..

Anyway, what can I do to make the compression in an AEG better? my G36's is terrible.
    WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Re: Compression

its rarely compression thats the issue, usually weak spring. Even poor compression with the right spring will produce the required fps.

say for instance your guns 100fps.. = new spring or 300 fps = new spring.

Compressions something those wanting to garrenty there guns working 100% should look at. Or to maximise the most effeciency verse spring.

And usually people fit new piston heads like they do new socks.. so they never come accross the issue.

Its just not something you need to worry about.

Theres all kinds of little tricks, adding vents to nonne vented piston heads, or stretching the oring, but anyone worried about compression should:

A: fit a new spring, £10
    B: Fit a new piston head £10
    C: Fit a new cylinder head £10

might only need A, or A and B or all three but that will get the actually cylinder producing a good compression.

Expanding on that you have the tappet plate system, perfect world we wouldnt have it but alas bbs need to be loaded, An incorrect tappet plate / broken tappet plate / incorrect airnozzle is again way more important than actual compression through to the hop chamber. If these parts cat reach the hop rubber when the gun fires air will be lost.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, it's just my FPS is all over the place, but doesn't go lower than 320 yet doesn't go higher than 348, would like it to be more consistent.

Also, I've heard that poor compression (I can push the nozzle in with very little resistance) can effect range. Which is the main concern, because even with a madbull TB and guarder clear rubber, my range isnt amazing.

But will definitely think about replacing the spring, piston and heads in the GB.

Comment

Ok range is separate as is accuracy.. both can be separated into there own catagories..

You dont get a thread with a p90 owner for example saying his range is poor. Its always m4's and V2 based guns.

Once the guns at the required fps that should be enough, but if the guns not got a reliable hop unit then youll never get good hop or a word ptw owners like to use a lot, either praising or cursing there gun, consistent hop.

Replacing the hop unit is a good start, prometheus neo chamber or if you can get it just the strike arm kit. The madbull unit apprently gets good results too.

if the arm moves or has the potential to move, the different posisiton each time may result in your variance.

The gearbox its self is usually either broken or not broken, the air it produces will be fairly consitent, ie consistently good or consistently bad.

The neo chamber isnt a cheap purchase but it will give you more tangable results than just replacing random bits in the gearbox.

Comment

I can vouch for the Madbull Units :D I won't use anything else now!

Combined with G&P gearbox and madbull rubber/prommy barrel I'm getting a 5fps variance - can't argue with that!

Picked up both units from this forum, about £22 each.

Comment

Right, guess that makes things easier, I'm looking at getting the TM G36 hop unit and whacking that in there.

Cheers for the help.

Comment

Ive got a madbull and its much more consistant than the unit I was using before.

Comment

Never seen this happen before until i did it myself...

Take apart your gear box, give it a good clean and give the cylinder a 2 second spray of silicone oil, and re grease. Make sure the rubber is also well lubed/ moist with silicone oil.

Clean the barrel and the hop up rubber.

Fire off a few shots until youve set your hop right.

I chronoed my CA M15a1 seals after this simple clean and got: 343.0,343.0,343.0,343.0
                Never have i seen a gun this consistent, well chuffed with myself.
                Give this a go first.

Comment

Originally posted by DCRISP07 View Post
                  Right, guess that makes things easier, I'm looking at getting the TM G36 hop unit and whacking that in there.

Cheers for the help.
                  I didnt realise it was a v3, what brand ?

I thought the g36 hop units where fairly consistent.

what condition is the unit in ? At 320 fps you really should be getting a decent range with that gun. What age is the ruber etc ?

You may need to look into a new air nozzle and tappet plate fora more consistent movment of the nozzle to hop unit.

Comment

SRC, so the hop unit is metal, and it's in good nick, I don't get chance to airsoft a whole lot.

And the rubber is about a week old, had 3 mags or so through it but it's been pretty meh range wise since I bought the gun.

It fires fine and is reliable, just the bloody thing hasn't got much range.

When I next get chance I'm gonna try some .25 in it, it could just be the case that it doesn't like .20's.

Comment

SRC rubbers are famously crap!

Pop a TM one in there :D

Comment

well the guarder you have "should" be fine, its basically like a tm.

Can you over hop the bbs ? ie can you wind it on so much the bbs go sky wards?

If you can switching up to 0.25s will allow you to use a higher ammount of hop with out the bbs going skywards, and more hop is more range.

Comment

Yeah I can, it doesn't take much as it's a squeeze.

I also have to use a madbull H nub because as it's so tight, with a normal cylindrical nub, even having the hop off, is too much.

Comment

hmm having hop off with a standard guarder hop rubber and nub on a g36k shouldnt result in too much hop...

How much off it is visable in the barrel when you hold it up to the light ?

No body should HAVE to use a H nub, the standard AEG nub is actually fairly small. There are larger ones on the market.

Comment

Have a look into the barrel though the hop unit, with the hop off should be near as a perfect circle.

I wonder if you've pushed the barrel in too hard, and bunched the rubber up?

Should be like below

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DCRISP07 Find out more about DCRISP07
                              Working...
                              X