Need help with my high rof g36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with my high rof g36

Hey guys so i've set up my g36 for high rof. Thing is when its on full auto it becomes a total disaster. It feeds perfectly but the range and fps drop as soon as the first couple of shots get out. Thing is it works perfectly on single shot with great range and about 300fps.

I'm just wondering if i'm running the gun to low fps wise. I'm using an m95 spring, should i be running an m100/110? Heres a list of whats in the gearbox.

AB mosfet
    Motor - Element hi-speed
    Bearings - Element 7mm Bearings
    Piston - Element Full Steel
    Piston Head - Modify Polly lightweight
    Cylinder - TM
    Cylinder Head - TM
    Spring guide - Element
    Spring - Modify m95
    Gears - Element Hi-speed
    Air Nozzle - Modify
    Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Re: Need help with my high rof g36

In my experience you can have two problems:

1) The piston head O-Ring is deteriored and when works in full auto it lose air! try to shoot in semi lots rapidly and continuously, if the range and fps go down you have to replace the O-Ring

2) The piston have no time to finish the course that the sectorial gear engage again!
    In this case you have to use a stronger spring or a high speed spring!

Anyway I suggest to change the spring with another one stronger or high speed spring!
    http://www.lsu-airsoft.co.uk

Comment

maybe you need a ported cylinder? you might be getting suck back

Originally posted by Metalbody
      pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Oh i forgot to say that i'm using a ported cylinder, the length required for the g36c barrel. And its defo not a compression issue due to the o ring having been changed twice and its made no difference. I'll get a new spring on saturday and see how that goes. Prob get an m110. Any other ideas lads?
        Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

Even if in the extremely unlikely case that you get "suck back" with a non ported cylinder + 247mm barrel, the air seals would be to blame and switching over to a ported cylinder would only make the problem worse.

What battery are you running with this build?
          For spring rate, Unless you are running a battery with some serious punch (sustainable high current drain) I would advise stepping the the spring rate. With a high speed (and typically lower torque) motor paired with the low ratio gear set you would loose efficiency/ROF unnecessarily as a result you would find your battery packs running flat very quickly, particularly on semi auto. The M95 should be more than adequate for typical high ROF builds, I wouldn't really go much past M100 if your main goal with these parts is ROF.
          I would also suggest a lighter more reliable piston, the stock TM is perfectly good enough, and when it fails, it has far less chance of taking something else with it.

Possibly look to the Tappet plate/spring, with the box closed and at rest does the airseal nozzle return sharply when pushed in? It may be that the Tappet isn't keeping in time when the cycle rate picks up.

Check the hop bucking, is there damage to the seal? or is it deformed, it may be worth changing that out to see if it sorts the problem.

Sector gear shimming, is it too high? it is possible that the sector can interfere with tappet operation.

Switch assembly, also check that this is clear of interference.
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

I'm running a 7.4 2100mah 25c lipo. I'll also try swapping out the piston, i have a tm one sitting down in the room. I've checked all the seals and they seem fine. I replaced the springs with an aftermarket reinforced set.....cant remember what make.

I'll give everything a good check over tomorrow, try and non proted cylinder and change the piston over. Cheers for the help!!

Comment

Originally posted by Icebass View Post
              I'm running a 7.4 2100mah 25c lipo. I'll also try swapping out the piston, i have a tm one sitting down in the room. I've checked all the seals and they seem fine. I replaced the springs with an aftermarket reinforced set.....cant remember what make.

I'll give everything a good check over tomorrow, try and non proted cylinder and change the piston over. Cheers for the help!!
              Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
              Even if in the extremely unlikely case that you get "suck back" with a non ported cylinder + 247mm barrel, the air seals would be to blame and switching over to a ported cylinder would only make the problem worse.
              I meant if the "suck back" was the issue (which it almost certainlyl shouldn't be) then the ported cylinder would be providing less exhaust pressure/air and would make that problem worse.
              Ideally you should have the ported (3/4port)Cylinder with the G36c length barrel.
              Last edited by sj_asc; 17 February, 2011, 23:57.
              dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Icebass Find out more about Icebass
              Working...
              X