Gun firing multiple BBs per shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun firing multiple BBs per shot

Firstly, this gun (M4) has been through a lot. I bought it pre-owned and after using it twice the tappet plate broke and the gearbox jammed. As the result of a few amateur attempts to fix the resulting problems we had to rewire it, replace the anti reversal latch and accidentally broke the fire selector (my friend did that, not sure how). Right now the gun is working and firing, with everything replaced except for the fire selector, so it's stuck on full auto, which I thought would leave it usable for now.

The problem: When I fire even single shots, most of the time it shoots out three or four BBs (but only makes the sound of firing one). Likely suspect is the fire selector, but I was wondering how it would cause these problems and what else could be causing it. Any ideas? Shooting four at once is cool for the shotgun effect, but a bit useless as an assault rifle

Re: Gun firing multiple BBs per shot

sound a bit like a problem i had. the anti reversal latch might not be fitted properly. basically this means the piston will retract after you fire and allow too many bbs into the hop. take the gear box apart and have a look.

Comment

+1 to the above. You tappet plate could be running un-smoothly on the rails causeing it to jam, your hop up rubber could be worn down and it's letting more than 1 BB through at a time.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
      A brain?
      Originally posted by snuff
      Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

if the AR latch was damaged or its spring was missing it would make a unwinding sound after each shot an easy way to find out is have the top of the gun open and pull the trigger if the piston stays back( looking at the small opening in the GB ) at any point when testing the AR is fine

When you say your selector is broken can you tell us how ?

have you had the hop apart at any point ? is the nozzel fitted correct ( when you push it in does it spring back free with no or little force
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

the only time ive had a gun do that is when the hop rubber was toast!
          take the hop rubber off,drop a bb on it,if it falls through ,the rubber is fubar!!
          old trader rating link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10627

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys The anti reversal latch worked when I tested it as we put it together but I'll take another look at it tonight. I'm not quite sure how the selector is broken, I know the plate on the left side of the gear box has snapped though. As for the hop I'll have to give that a go, I don't really know anything about them though and haven't taken it apart, my knowledge is limited to the gear box for now :P is it quite easy to take apart and test like you said? It was working fine before the troubles I described, any idea what could cause it to break?

Thanks for the help, I'm quite new to dealing with the internals but gradually learning.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Iain Find out more about Iain
            Working...
            X