X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 EBB, how?

Seen this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNhbpXQhauY

And want to know how is it achieved with an electronic M14?

I have googled it but find nothing of any use.

Thanks

Re: M14 EBB, how?

usual method is nylon wire on the back of the piston head, goes back wards out the back im assuming looped round something for a pulley affect then foward to the lever and just tie it on to the bolt. As the piston retracts so does the lever.. bit make shift but people have had success in guns like the m14 and thompson.

Or wait for the tm one which im sure they will do at some point..

Comment

Another way they may have done it is like the G&G/AA SA80's where the piston has a clip type piece and when the piston moves back, it pushes the clip which pushes the bolt.
      Also, it's not going to last as long as other rifles will esp on full auto as I'm sure there may be all sorts of timing issues and eventually your piston will break...
      Though it does look and sound awesome, I won't deny that.
      Probably best to get a WE GBB M14 or as Richardy said wait to see if TM does one.

Comment

Doesn't the selector arm obstruct the hole in the back of the gearbox, making most conversion methods useless?

Comment

I cant imagine how much damage this would do to the gearbox/gears!

The TM especially has a rather heavy bolt to move, and to make that move is gonna require a lot of force! I woulnt have thought having it tag along on top of the gearbox strain would work very well?

Would be epic though. Epicly loud!

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
            Doesn't the selector arm obstruct the hole in the back of the gearbox, making most conversion methods useless?
            No I don't think it does, if we're thinking about the same thing...
            the AA has a gap at the top of the gearbox so the spring is essentially exposed all the time, the clip piece I mentioned beforehand sits in this gap and when the piston is pulled back the clip goes back and with it the bolt.
            But it's a heavy bolt on the M14 and I don't think it'd last, being honest.

Edit: Sorry, you're right and the selector arm does get in the way but there wouldn't be much point in making the EBB mechanism go through that hole because the mock bolt is above the gearbox, also what would you do about the spring guide that's in the way?

Comment

The TM especially has a rather heavy bolt to move, and to make that move is gonna require a lot of force! I woulnt have thought having it tag along on top of the gearbox strain would work very well?
              I assume they'd removed the recoil spring. They are very heavy on M14s.

Comment

I doubt it, they'd have to link the bolt directly to the piston then otherwise the bolt wouldn't return to it's starting position and I'd think that would be putting a lot more stress on the gearbox then the recoil spring would. Just my opinion though, could still be very wrong :p

Comment

Well then they'd just get a weak spring and use that. There's no way a gearbox can push the full force of an M14 recoil spring.

Comment

Dont do it !!
                    sigpic

Airsoft Clan logo's designed for you for £5.00

Comment

Yeah im not going to, it would require too much modification to the gearbox

Comment

Best to sink £400 into a WE M14 :D
                        Or maybe about the same money when TM release theirs, because they will do at some point... Eventually.
                        Though I'm not sure the TM version would have a fully moving bolt, surely it'd have the same issue or similar to this EBB?

Comment

Ah hadnt thought about changing out the recoil spring. COuld be an epic bit of kit if that spring was changed and the mods done!

Somebody do it!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
                          Working...
                          X