Tips on getting the gearbox cover on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on getting the gearbox cover on

Hey, My gearbox cover will go on nicely when the spring isn't in...

It's alot harder to get the cover back on now with my upgraded spring due to the tension and it's hard to line up all the gears through the bushings. Was easy with the stock spring.

Have you guys got any tips on how to get the cover back on? Like have the bushings on the gears then drop the case onto them or have them in the case? Im asking this because I spent ages last night trying to get the cover back on.

Should it look like this when im putting the case back on?
    Are the gears in the right place and the tappet plate thing?

Should the tappet plate arm thing be like this

Re: Tips on getting the gearbox cover on

This sector gear shouldn't be engaged with the piston. Some times it takes abit of brute for and ignorence.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Ok, for a start, your bevel gear is in the wrong position, you need to wind it back so the small peg on it is sat just infront of the tappet plate.

Personally I find getting the gearbox back together to just be an utter pain in the ass on some guns. On my V3 GB cyma AK its so, so easy. On my V3 GB Marui G3 its an utter pig.

Best tip I find is to use a small screwdriver or allen key, slide it inside the spring guide and use that to hold the spring in place, then plop the gearbox shell back ontop.

Comment

Ok so the piston has to be fully retracted into the clynder. And is the tappet place arm thing in the right place on the sector gear?

edit: Does the tappet place go on the smaller peg of the gear or sit ontop, like so on the picture?

Comment

It will sit on top slightly.

While you in there, I'd look to remove the 2nd tooth from the piston. Old it needs some lubication, the slide rail is dry as are the gear axles.

Comment

Have a look here http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64187

it will explain pretty much everything you could possibly want to know about putting it back together

Comment

surgury for an extra pair of hands.

Get the sector gear at the 1 oclock postion.

Long thing screw drive, and if your spring guides got a hole though it you can poke it all the way down and hold the piston down with it..

Comment

A couple of strong magnets underneath the gearbox will help hold the gears in place while reassembling it. I got a couple off the bay about the size of 10p pieces.

Comment

Thats a fantastic idea, one Id never thought of! :O

and yes! A 2nd pair of hands would be very useful. trying to hold the spring, cylinder and piston in place whilst trying to line up the gearbox shell and GOD THE BLOODY ANTIREVERSAL LATCH, ARGH. Dx

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mikeyc22 19 Find out more about Mikeyc22
                  Working...
                  X