M14 stops feeding :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 stops feeding :(

Hi all, need some advice as got a game tomorrow and hope to get rid of this problem asap.

Basicly upgraded my M14 recently with new madbul hop rubber, madbul tightbore barrel and some gearbox bits.

The ROF has increased quite alot and now outputting 330 to 340 fps.

When i fire full auto quite quickly it will stop firing BB's, so i re wind the mag and sometimes it won't fire bb's anymore just dry firing....

So i take out the mag, turn my m14 upside down and it fires 4 or 5 bb's out but only whilst being held upside down, they are being stored inbetween the hop unit and the air nozzle of the gear box

If i fire the gun on semi auto i get no problems really with misfeeding

What's the problem and is there a fix / sollution i can do over night in time for tomorrow?

Iel re build the hop unit again tonight

Cheers

Re: M14 stops feeding

The solution is only use it on semi!!!! This is God's way of telling you using an M14 on fully auto is blasphemy and shouldnt be allowed! :P

Being serious though, it sounds like the hop may be too tight or not quite aligned correctly, Id take it out, check everything over, see if its still doing it.

Comment

Yeah i will be doing and this was missfeeding with no hop applied at all btw :/

Fingers crossed all is resolved but iel be using it on semi anyways as its a milsim tomorrow, 300 rounds is gone in about 10 secconds on full auto

Comment

Fit a sector clip (or chip) to the sector gear. I had this issue with my upgraded M14 when I switched to LiPo.

Fitting the sector clip will allow the loading nozzle to stay open a fraction longer, and should cure it. Also, Madbull blue hops can sometimes cause the odd mis-feed – check by fitting a Marui rubber. (also watch for the over-hard and large Madbull bucking nub).

Comment

Well had a fun day with it today using the madbul red hop rubber

Workd flawlessly on semi auto all day, had a blast on full auto every now and again but still had the same issue as stated above but no where near as bad as it was in the morning so think its just things setling in.

Looking to sell it however as i just miss propper sniping too much. Will forward future seller to this thread though about the odd niggle

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
          Working...
          X