Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Piston stops with spring compressed, won't release...?! Help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piston stops with spring compressed, won't release...?! Help please?

Hi Folks,

I've just treated my Dboys M4 to the following:

Modify smooth modular gears (speed)
    Modify polycarbonate piston
    Element aliminium piston head
    Element alloy cylinder head
    Systema air feed nozzle

Now it all went in fairly pain free, the only issue I have is the piston won't release, it winds back fine then then it will only rock when the trigger is pulled.

I guess the gears are still engaged but cant turn due to the piston being fully back? Do I need to remove some teeth or have I installed something wrong?

Cheers in advance
    Signature Removed

Re: Piston stops with spring compressed, won't release...?! Help please?

When the GB is open and you have the piston all the way forward, when you spin the gears does the first tooth of the sector gear catch on the 2-3 tooth of the piston? With the new parts the AoE might have been adjusted un-intetionaly. Try shaving off the 2nd and half of the 3rd tooth.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Surely it wouldnt make it that far back if the aoe was out, it would jam earlier wouldnt it?
      sigpic

Comment

I didn't check to be honest, I'm cluesless to AOE but I will check that when I open it up again tomorrow.

By removing those teeth, I take it the gears will cycle completely before the piston bottoms out right?
        Signature Removed

Comment

I was talking about pre enagegement with AoE corrected and no teeth being shaved. When you have the GB open just cycle the gears and piston and see how it goes.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
          A brain?
          Originally posted by snuff
          Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

yeah will complete a full cycle, just eliminates the sector gears teeth catching on the pistons, rather than slotting into each other they collide, shave the whole first, half the second, but test before you shave any by rolling them, if first catches, shave it, second may not but if it does shave half
            sigpic

Comment

Ok, will try that tomorrow and update the thread. Thanks guys
              Signature Removed

Comment

an update would be good mate, speak tomo
                sigpic

Comment

did u put in a 18 tooth instead of a 16, happened a while back made a bad sound. and alot of smoke.
                  sigpic
                  View iTrader Rating Here
                  Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

Err, maybe? I just ordered a modify polcarb for a V2, didn't realise they did different teeth quantities! :/ I'll count them and if it is I'll swap the heads and use the old piston

Unless I could cut the last 2 off?!
                    Signature Removed

Comment

Umm , Something really basic =/

Maybe the inside of the piston (where you screw the piston head onto) is larger then the stock one

So it fully compresses the spring but cant go that extra bit over the last tooth to release it?

For example , on TM stock pistons and spring's it has the block of metal which you screw the piston head in to with the spring attached , If you compare that stock spring to a guarder or anything else it will be shorter

Get my drift?
                      Last edited by gijohn2; 20 February, 2011, 00:12.
                      Hate.
                      "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

It may well be the piston. I sent Z1 a modify piston with some other upgrades. And they said it was too large. They didn't say in what aspect, so have you got the stock piston to try out.

At least then it would narrow things down a little

Comment

I haven't forgotten to keep you updated guys, just haven't had the time yet Tomorrow!
                          Signature Removed

Comment

Quick update as promised: I've only just had a chance to get round to this. I put the original piston and piston head back in and hey presto it all works again! The 2 pistons were the same size and both had 16 teeth, it just looked like the teeth were not in sync with each other........ I will at some point put the aluminium head on the original piston and see if it works, ruling that out as the problem.
                            Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                              Surely it wouldnt make it that far back if the aoe was out, it would jam earlier wouldnt it?
                              Yes it would. They don't usually jam though do they. They just munch pistons...lol.
                              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NitroJoe I love lamp. Find out more about NitroJoe
                              Working...
                              X