Mosfet installation help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosfet installation help.

So i got home from work to find my mosfet waiting for me, installed it piece of piss first time and it was working nicely, put my gun back together and non stop full auto firing... Great.

Take it apart and sort out the shorting wire that i found was nipped, screw the gear box up and test it.. non stop auto. Even tried to tape the gear box up to stop the switch from touching the gear box... no luck at all.

Iv spent 6.5 hours doing this up untill now. Think its been in pieces and back together about 7 times? With constant re soldering ect...

QUESTIONS:

1. I really dont know where its shorting and i know its not the mosfet as iv tested it. Any help?

2. Is a mosfet really worth this much effort? say the word and i will be more than happy to take a hammer to this mofo. Such a headache.

Re: Mosfet installation help.

Get a multimeter, check each and every connection and try and find if any are touching that shouldnt be, or anything touching the gearbox shell itself.

Check your soldering, not accidentally touching two connections instead of one?

Comment

It is also possible it is damaged due to being shorted out.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Certain its not my soldering as iv checked many of times and iv tested the mosfet on a circuit out of the gear box and all is well.

Feel like buying a whole new trigger mech and throwing that in... more money, yey.

Ill have another crack tomorrow when my new motor should come, do you guys really think mosfets are worth the hassle though?

Cheers

Comment

i know you've tested the fet but test it again cos the exact same thing happened to me and i destroyed the fet even though it seemed fine =/

Comment

Originally posted by LazyMcCrazy View Post
            do you guys really think mosfets are worth the hassle though?

Cheers

Simple answer yes, I would not build an AEG without one

Comment

Originally posted by LazyMcCrazy View Post
              do you guys really think mosfets are worth the hassle though?

Cheers
              No....

Comment

Theres no real yes or no answer really, it depends on what youre using it for, what gun it is, how you want to use that gun etc.

If you want something with an insanely high ROF then yeah a mosfet is worth it, if you want to make a single shot DMR with snappy trigger response and no lock ups from rapid use of semi, then yes its worth it.

If you just "fancy having one..." Then its maybe not worth it, but youll get some benefits out of it.

Comment

Mine was a quick reply,but as above really.
                  A lot of work,and unless you do it all day and are good with gearboxes it's not really worth it.
                  I did fit one but wasn't overly impressed but when I changed to lipo's the exact opposite... a plug-in upgrade..:D,that's without the lipo of course..

Comment

They are only a pain if you are unsure on what you are doing. I'm sorry but it is deffinatly a case of user error if you think they are not worth it.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                      They are only a pain if you are unsure on what you are doing. I'm sorry but it is deffinatly a case of user error if you think they are not worth it.
                      I'm not disagreeing with that,the question poised was are they worth the hassle..therefore the OP was having "hassle"..which explains my answer..I only broke my gearbox getting it apart because some tw=t used too much loctite...

Comment

whoa back on track guys

OP, check that no wires is actually touching the gearbox casing as this WILL complete the circuit and fire the gun when all together

also check there is no arching on the trigger contacts and check the trigger block return spring is in one piece and not snapped as that will cause the full auto only,

once you have checked these things ( wire contacting with gearbox shell, and trigger unit)

re solder the wires so they are half on the trigger contacts and the rest is solder and a very sturdy joint, don't put the full length of wire on the whole contact

hope that sorts it,

if not, then you will need to contact the supplier of the mosfet,

By the way what mosfet are you using

Comment

SORTED!

Cheers for the help guys, ended up tearing it all down and re wiring with the signal cable on the outside of the gear box (after the first attempt was brutaly torn to peices by my motor)
                          JG RED motor just came through, put it all together and now i have about the same rate of fire (maybe + 3 or 4) but an incredibly responsive trigger!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED... If your getting a mosfet, put your signal wire on the outside guys, makes life a whole lot simpler.

Mosfet i was using: Fireworkairsoft alpha model. Really impressed for a cheapo fet.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LazyMcCrazy Find out more about LazyMcCrazy
                          Working...
                          X