TM AK47 Internal Upgrade Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM AK47 Internal Upgrade Advice

I have a TM ak47s which is generally a great gun and one that will hopefully last a while.

Despite promising myself that I will leave it as it is I have already purchased a full metal kit to cover the externals.

Internally nothing has been tampered with...yet. However when last chrono'd with the hop on it was firing between 200-220 fps.

The range is still excellent, as good as my G&P M4 which was firing at 350 fps.

So the question thats been bugging me is, "is it worthing pumping the AK up to 328 fps (hop off) and installing stronger internals to take the extra power" and therefore in theory get better range.

Do any of you have any experience of boosting your TM AK's power, pros and cons welcome.

Arnie

Re: TM AK47 Internal Upgrade Advice

easy one mate,

drop in a Systema J1 spring and 6mm metal bushings and it will fire like a dream. To take it that little bit further replace the inner barrel with a Madbull tightbore and change the hop rubber to a guarder clear one. and to go further replace the wood and rear sight block with a Guarder kit.
    to increase the ROF with all these upgrades pop in a TM EG1000 motor.
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

The suggestion offered to me was very similar jebus. Make the internal parts stronger, and replace the monkey metal gears, and bang in more powerful spring. sorted and thank you

Comment

First you will want to get to the bottom of the FPS issues, 220 is way too low, unless you have the hop up set to max?
        Steel bushings and a more powerful main spring would be ideal, I would ditch the EG1000 idea, it is not going to be noticably better. With most wood kits, you will get a 9.6v 4/5 large pack in the stock wityh no problems. That will give you far better trigger response than just dropping in the EG1000.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

Its an AK47s so have to store it above the mechanism, might look at moving over to lipo's though

Comment

My bad, I missed the small "s"!. A 9.6v or small 7.4v LiPO will nicely complement the increased spring rate.
            Though with with Systema's 1J you probably won't see much if any noticeable drop in cycle rate with the stock battery.
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sunburnthammer Find out more about sunburnthammer
            Working...
            X