Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiest Way To Get Correct AoE?

Hi Guys,

I've been thinking and what do people think is an ideal and easiest way to get the correct angle of engagement?

Any suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated

Thanks.

Re: Easiest Way To Get Correct AoE?

Do you mean physically how to get it right, or the materials and process to pad the piston head from the piston?

Comment

Yeah! Like the methods used to get it just right including materials used to get it perfect ..... Or close to perfect anyway

Comment

Sorbo pads on the cylinder head or plastic washers behind the piston head.

I'm gonna order that new sorbo kit that is out, se how it works.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
        A brain?
        Originally posted by snuff
        Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Montesa, could you PM me where to get either sorbo pads or plastic washers because im having a difficult time finding both
          Your help would be great please

Comment

If you have a camera, might be good idea to get some pictures online to let us help best we can.

Basically push the piston all the way to the front of the cylinder, then spin the gearset around. Ideally you want the first tooth of the gear to hit the first tooth of the piston with the greatest of surface area contact. Perfect AOE would be when the whole of the piston tooth touches the whole of the gear tooth with no gaps. If only the tip of the gear tooth hits the very bottom of the piston tooth, it will rip off.

As you pull the piston back you'll notice the surface contact area grows until it is perfect, there is where you want it to catch. The distance between where it is perfect, and where is started, this is how much padding you need. Best thing to use is Nylon washers - B&Q sell them :D

Comment

Yeah Jag I need roughly 3-4mm spacing then its spot-on and what thickness are the ones they sell?

Comment

I got a pack of 25 M6 1/4" ones for about £5 I think - not particularly cheap actually for that they are!

They roughly 1mm thick

Comment

Oh, you might need to source a longer screw of the same diameter to reach the piston head after adding the extra distance!

Comment

Yeah! Agreed about the price but hey! It works
                    Ohh if you dont mind me asking whats the diameter of the washers like in relation to the diameter of a piston head or cylinder
                    Thanks for the help Jag

Comment

The ones I have are 6mm across, not sure on a pistons diameter. From sight only, 10mm maybe?

If you only using a couple, not too much as an issue. If not, I'd look some some with a little wider diameter. That being said, considering my local B&Q is a massive superstore, the washer selection wasn't amazing. Obviously you don't want anything locking or with wings, and metal is to be avoided for piston heads!

I've got a dozen left over (used mine on mags). If you want to save a few quid, drop me a PM. Call it £2 to cover paypal and postage - I'll send you 5?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TM Sniper Find out more about TM Sniper
                      Working...
                      X