M4 not firing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 not firing?

got a bit of a problem! got an M4 S-system and it wont fire? stripped the gearbox down and im a total noob but it seems ok... and with a screw driver i can wind the pinion gear and do a full round so its not ceasing up anything. The motor tries to go but it just hasent got the power to push it! what could this be? faulty motor? or.. underpowered? i left my Tester at work so i cant see what current is going to the motor. And i dont have a charger to charge the battery! any ideas?

Thanks in advance..

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Re: M4 not firing?

If you're sure the gearbox and motor are working, flat battery.

Comment

The motor is turning without it being in.. It jolts when its in.. Just doesent seem to have the power what is the maximum power source you think it could take? just a standard JG motor i think... i'll put a DC Power adapter on it if needs be

Thanks,
      Chandler

Comment

Well like keeper said, check the battery, it doesn't have any resistance when it's out so it will turn.

If it just randomly locked up midgame, it may be the anti reversal latch flipping round. Did you put it back in the way it was meant to go?
        TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
        Tokyo Marui P90
        HFC M9 Special Forces
        KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Yeah and let me say its the most difficult thing to do... lol
          There is some resistance and its not the easiest thing to turn, but surely thats Spring resistance right?

And also, at the front of the gearbox where the plastic thing pushes the BB's seems to smash the sort of... Pipe thing.. Heres a photo of what i mean..

Its not screwed down yet as i have cleverly lost the screws put even holding it in position it seems like the gearbox is too low.. and it gets forced up when it strikes the BB loading pipe thingy... sorry for my explanation!

Cheers, Chandler

Comment

That's the air nozzle and it looks as if you've either not fitted the tappet plate properly (maybe not fitting the springs in) or it as broken.

Comment

Looks to be like you haven't fitted the feeder tube in properly. Is the nozzle moving back and forward?

Comment

I may be being stupid, but isn't that the hop unit? And isn't it upside down? It's hard to see really but something definately isn't right there!

Comment

God you're right. The feed tube's in upside down.

Well spotted mate.

Comment

lol got it sorted thanks, realised in the end! got the whole gun together too looks and feels great!
                    Few bits still need doing... Need to get a working battery first, maybe a multimeter to see if its even pushing out the right Amps and Volts! i'll bring it home tomorrow and let you know, thanks guys!

Chandler

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chandler Find out more about Chandler
                    Working...
                    X