TM spring cut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM spring cut down

Ok so I don't want to cut down the actual spring just the long bit that's hooks into the top of the TM piston so I can fit the spring to a non TM piston. Is this possible and or will I lose tension in the spring? I'm not being tight it's just I've got 3 TM springs laying around and the only reason I'm doing it that i chroned my Sd5 at the weekend and it hit 360fps!

Cheers guys.
    Please do not advertise on the forum

Re: TM spring cut down

well the one in your sd5 isnt tm, they are not allowed to manufacture or sell anything that shoots above 290 or somewhere along those lines, you cut down a tm spring you'll fall into the 210 230 bracket or less, depending how much you cut
    sigpic

Comment

Read it again man. Ive got a TM spring that I want to cut down. But not the spring just the actual hook part on the end that hooks into the piston.

Youre right though. The spring currently in it is not TM is JG or CYMA. I had it lying around an put it in to give it more punch but it's a little more than I was expecting.

Comment

Just clip a coil off the JG/Cyma spring. That should bring you down to legal limits

Comment

Read it again man. Ive got a TM spring that I want to cut down. But not the spring just the actual hook part on the end that hooks into the piston.

Youre right though. The spring currently in it is not TM is JG or CYMA. I had it lying around an put it in to give it more punch but it's a little more than I was expecting.

Comment

You can do, but you'll lost power and it might sound a bit rubbish. Without the block you are losing another 1cm of potential compression. So expect FPS in the 260 range, plus it may well "twang" when shot as it will be short.

Infact, the more I think about this, don't. Might find it can't return the spring quick enough, and you'll get eaten gears.

On an unrelated note I have a SP90 spring for sale (check my threads) - or a M100 should see you right

Comment

So cutting the little hook that goes to the top of the piston will give me less FPS? I'd understand if it was a coil but didn't think that little bit would affect it. Last thing I want to is mess the gears up. I'll have a look mate. Hopefully I'll have a tightbore turning up soon also so that will bump the FPS up too.

Comment

When you remove the block the spring will expand further, so will be less compressed - hence FPS loss.

Comment

omg i whole pointless thread about whether you should cut a 1 cm straight bit of wire off the end of the spring that does nothing.. yes do it and be done with it already...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rubberducky Find out more about Rubberducky
                  Working...
                  X