cutting tb barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutting tb barrels

what is the best way to cut a tight bore barrel with out ruining it?

Re: cutting tb barrels

I don't know if its the best but I cut using a hack saw, making sure it is perfectly straight, then file and sand the edges and finally using a counter sink drill bit, drill into the barrel to give a smooth inner edge and make sure there are no overhanging bits of stray metal. Had no problems from this method.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should......

Comment

Fit it into a lathe.
      Part off what you don't need, leaving the barrel about 0.5 to 1mm long.
      Face the end to length, cutting from the centre towards the outside.
      Chamfer the muzzle inner edge using a boring bar traversing at an angle, working from the inside towards the outside.
      Chamfer the muzzle outer edge.

Comment

Go to Wickes or somewhere like that, buy a mini pipe cuter for about £3. Job done They give a very nice smooth finish, no need to bore it out or anything.

Comment

I use a rotary pipe cutter (simply clamps on to the barrel and turned by hand). Using a hacksaw puts too much force onto the cutting point and you can risk "squishing" the barrel and it not performing as well.

And always countersink the newly cut end to remove burrs and ensure a BB isn't obstructed as it leaves.
          Feedback Thread: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29778

Comment

cheers guys, will be heading to home base soon to see if they have a mini pipe cutter seems to be a easier way of doing it...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Modizle Find out more about Modizle
            Working...
            X