G&P Magpul body magazine compatability issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P Magpul body magazine compatability issues

Recently finished building a new M4 and pretty much all of my mags apart from one will feed in it, the rest have to be held up into the magwell in order for it to feed otherwise it just keeps dry firing.

My mags consist of TM high caps and King Arms mids and wondered if anyone else has had the same problem.

It is a G&P magpul body which is weird as the g&p colt body accepts these mags fine? Is this possibly that the body has been changed to accept magpul PTS mags?

The mags are a very definite sloppy fit in the magwell on this new body though which is why I think it needs holding in place for it to feed properly. This is also why I wondered if possiblt G&P had formed this body with a particular magazine in mind? (magpul PTS Pmags?). It just seems weird they are fine in one g&P body and will not fire at all in the other.

Any help would be great as this is really frustrating

Many Thanks

Neil
    sigpic

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=101821

Re: G&P Magpul body magazine compatability issues

I had this with a g&p c8 body i built last year , my mags worked a charm but the guys mags didnt :S He had to trim the inside of the mags feed tube a little so the mags fitted

when your putting the mags in does the hop release any of the bb's ? if not look at the difference between the 1 that does work and them that dont
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

grr i have woken up a little now....and re-read your OP , so your problem is the mags sitting too low in the mag well , what make of mag catch did you use ? can you try the catch from your other g&p m4 just to rule that out ?
      if front wired is the wiring out of the way in the mag well ?
      have your tried to swap your other g&p upper+hop unit to see if the problem is still there
      Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

I have a G&P Magpul body fitted to a gun i built and brought Magpul green label mid cap mags and i do have feed issues with them.
        The standard metal G&P mags i have fit in lovely and feed perfectly in semi and full auto,
        The magpul mags do not fit as well, i have to stick a little peice of sticky backed velcro inside the back of the magwell to push the mag forward so it engages better on the hop.
        This alowed it to feed alot better.
        but i have just noticed that on full there are occasionally double feeds, it could be just mine though.
        I think the issue is that G&P design their Guns with their mags in mind, so they work with their own kit, but the magpul or other makes are designed with sightly different dimensions of maybe only 0.5mm. It might not seem much but 0.5mm can mean the difference between the hop releasing the bb's from the mag or not.

Comment

I had similar trouble with my G&P Sentry.

Use MAG Midcaps mate, they are 100% compatible. King Arms are a bit temperamental. Yes the Pmags etc fit aswell, but i'd definately recommend MAG midcaps. Cheap with a high capacity.

Comment

I use the clone magpul high caps in mine fine and havent had any problems

Originally posted by Metalbody
            pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Have managed to solve this one after looking at the mag catch and seeing that it has a chamfered edge that holds the mag in place.

By bending the metal of the magazine out a touch where the hole is cut in the side to engage the mag catch they now hold in place miles better and feed properly.

Seems if the mag is a bit too narrow it drops down on this chamfered edge and stops the mag feeding.........

Problem solved for the moment but going to look for some new mags anyway which are just generally a better fit as they are still loose but not enough to cause feeding problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpic

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=101821

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Neilski Find out more about Neilski
              Working...
              X